Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need a good BB86 bottom bracket
Quote | Reply
I have a friend with a 2015 giant defy 1 that needs a bottom bracket.

Should I just get a Dura ace BB or should I go with the wheels manufacturing BB, or is there something better?
I've even seen just the bearings for sale.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.endurobearingsonline.com/...-92-w-xd-15-bearings

Enduro TorqTite BB for BB86 road BBs and BB92 mountain bike BBs w/ XD-15 bearings. For use with Shimano style 24mm spindle cranks and Sram GXP cranks.
TorqTite bottom brackets are designed to replace any press fit type on the market. This means no more glue, paste or tape to try and keep things quiet. This unique and patent pending system uses a double threaded internal sleeve to tighten the right and left cups with two spanner wrenches and torque your bottom bracket tight on installation. No more movement or internal fretting of your bottom bracket against your carbon fiber or aluminum frame, just a tightened mechanical system eliminating annoying and unwanted noises. Noises and internal friction that can also sap energy and wattage output. TorqTite guarantees perfect parallel alignment between the bearings even if the frame is not perfectly straight, eliminating lost energy.
Tight BB shell tolerances may require pressing the non-drive side cup with threaded sleeve into the frame first with a BRT-003 tool before threading the drive side cup onto the sleeve.
Available with the best Enduro XD-15 ceramic bearings, the TorqTite system is the ultimate mechanical bottom bracket system to guarantee the best results with the highest wattage output and no unwanted friction
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much but it's a bit out of my budget. :)

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they make a 199.00 version

also Rotor has a 52.00 BB

http://www.cart32hostingred.com/...amp;prodid=256985350
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Feb 12, 17 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you again

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just put the Wheels Manufacturing threaded type in my Giant Propel and so far so good. I went with the angular contact bearing and had a coupon code for 20% off so cost was decent. You just need to make sure you install as per instructions and use the proper lube for your bb shell. There may be fit issues with some power meters. I just bought a Quarq DFour and according to the Wheels website it should fit. That may not be the case with older Quarqs or others.
Last edited by: sorelegs: Feb 12, 17 9:05
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I was looking at that one as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I'll look closely at that one too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BB Infinite seems to be the best tech for the money in my mind. http://www.bbinfinite.com/...86-directfit-shimano

Pricey - but perfectly aligned and supposedly noise free.

Quote | Reply
Kogel
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again everyone, I'll pass the info to my friend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just stuck a wheels manufacturing BB86 in my frame, feels looks like a good quality product, went into the frame without any fuss.

As previously mentioned, be careful which one you use with a Quarq. I have a Riken Al and you need to use the standard version, not the screw version which sits slightly outboard. Their website tells you everything you need to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Wheels Manufacturing BB. Just put one of their BB86/92s press fits in my bike this weekend replacing the OEM SRAM unit. Went with the angular bearing model for around $50 off of Amazon.

Impressed with their stuff, both build quality and value.
Quote Reply
Re: I need a good BB86 bottom bracket [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again,

He bought the Wheels manufacturing BB.

In addition to that I bought the BBright version and I'll see how it goes. I had issues with the Rotor 4630 at the end of last season. I had one of my machine shop guys fix it for me but I haven't ridden it since September.

I'll be putting both of them in later this week.

jaretj
Quote Reply