That's all.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny

IIRC, his field testing of those two positions indicated a roughly 1 mph difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
That's funny

IIRC, his field testing of those two positions indicated a roughly 1 mph difference.

And after he cut his stem? :-)

Don't know if this is local or global, but around here a stack of spacers like that is called a "ballscraper".

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Big D. I miss the him, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:

That's all.

On the left... How triathletes ride their bikes
On the right... How triathletes THINK they ride their bikes

He got all upset at me for telling him that no one actually rides TT bikes like that, looking at the ground. Maybe a few WorldTour pros on flat sections, or the track pursuiters who can look down at the line on the straights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
That's funny

But being able to see where you're going and not being hit by a car has to be worth something ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So he could repeat what you say and take the credit for it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just get into coding. You'll find him ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss Tom Demerly
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<pink> kinda... guy on left avoids parked car on road side, finishes race. guy on right does not see parked car on road side and hits it, does not finish race. </pink>

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:

That's all.

My fastest IM bike split ever.... the next morning my eye muscles were sore from looking up at such a steep angle for the entire bike. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I really started thinking about it. I have not repeated this experience, not because my eye muscles have gotten stronger; I have gotten worse at turtling my head.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
So he could repeat what you say and take the credit for it?

Although some have dissed Jack for simply repeating what others had said, I never saw him try to take personal credit.

As well, although much (not all) of what he shared he had simply learned from others, it was clear that he understood the information, and often explained it more simply, or at least differently, so that others could as well.

IMO, Jack was definitely an asset to this forum - far more so than certain others.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jan 21, 18 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
FindinFreestyle wrote:

That's all.

He got all upset at me for telling him that no one actually rides TT bikes like that, looking at the ground. Maybe a few WorldTour pros on flat sections, or the track pursuiters who can look down at the line on the straights.

I do/did. Even have had to deal with double-vision at times in TTs, apparently as a result of rolling one of my eyes too far upward to try to see where I was going.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

I do/did. Even have had to deal with double-vision at times in TTs, apparently as a result of rolling one of my eyes too far upward to try to see where I was going.

You think you did. :) I get double vision and sore eye muscles too. Still don't achieve the looking-at-the-front-skewer position.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You make some points but he took a few things only I said at the time and branded it as his own. He was nothing more than an armchair quarterback like me that somehow gained fame through post-count.

I was happy to see him leave and have the originators of ideas explain their thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is he dead? Kicked off the forum? Out of the sport?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He just left all of a sudden. He stayed around facebook for a bit, then disappeared from there as well.

I agree he was a great aggregator, simplifier, and regurgitator of information. Maybe he took credit for some of it, but I never saw that from him.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Is he dead? Kicked off the forum? Out of the sport?

*Speculation start* I think having a pro cyclist wife took it's toll, and I think they both exited to pursue other things a couple of years back. *end speculation*

You can still follow him on twitter or his current project (gameswithgo.org) which are both coding centered. I only know because he's one of the few folks that I see post on my twitter feed.

He regurgitated a lot... but on a revolving door of new people on a forum, as well as a group of hard headed set in their ways superstitious folk like many triathletes are... it was at times needed. Aeroweenie.com is still probably the most convenient way to find actual data on products in one place (up to a couple years ago)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Aeroweenie.com is still probably the most convenient way to find actual data on products in one place (up to a couple years ago)

X2 to that. Probably in my top 100 sites actually keyed in the address bar, along with Tom A's Bike Blather. Although I never stayed with him in TX, I know at least one pro that did. That certainly helps.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw him yesterday, he's alive and well. He was chasing his kids around while his wife raced her bike...he was probably happier than most of the racers there.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [ijgoodwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ijgoodwin wrote:
I saw him yesterday, he's alive and well. He was chasing his kids around while his wife raced her bike...he was probably happier than most of the racers there.

I'm happy to hear that. I had some limited interaction with him on FB (about non-bike related things). It was limited but better quality than some of my more extensive contacts. I liked him and was sad when he fell of my FB friends list all of a sudden. Maybe I should seek him out on twitter.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard kids mentioned before. Good for him.

In relation to the pics in the OP, what fundamental changes have made the difference here? I'm pretty sure I am a good example of what I *think* I look like and what I *actually* look like!
Quote Reply
Re: I miss Jack Mott. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
He was nothing more than an armchair quarterback

Isn't that true of 99% of the people posting here (or anywhere else, for that matter)?

Anyway, I bet that if you had called Jack on appropriating your ideas, he would have apologized.
Quote Reply

Prev Next