Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I laughed at Death today
Quote | Reply
Yes, I went for a bike ride. Outside. By myself, with no lights or reflective clothing, using my sketchy triathlon bike. 61 miles of central NJ roads, most of which were ridden to the left of the white line.

No flat tires, no crashes, no close encounters with cars or wildlife (other than a cat, a chipmunk and an insect that thwacked my ear). One of the very few infractions by a car was a vehicle that turned after the light had changed; ironically, it had a bike on the rear hitch.

Drivers were remarkably polite, all giving me plenty of room. Some even waited until safe to pass me (including a pickup truck that waited until after a blind curve to go by). I managed to avoid some potholes, rode some rough chip seal and some new pavement, too. I even chatted briefly with another fat triathlete on a Cervelo who I happened to catch as he finished his 60 mile ride. I think the masses of cyclists going the other way were part of the Twin Lights charity ride; too many to wave to after a while. Saw some orange tape arrows on a road that is part of tomorrow's Princeton 70.3 bike course (good luck to all doing it). Fought some headwind, had some tailwind for stretches, too.

So I got to enjoy a beautiful early fall day, and perhaps raise some awareness of bicyclists among car drivers. Win.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: I laughed at Death today [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The New York Post version........."Insect seriously injured in hit and run offense by cyclist".

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: I laughed at Death today [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
The New York Post version........."Insect seriously injured in hit and run offense by out-of-control reckless cyclist".

LOL.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BAMF...no doubt! ;-)

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
61 mile ride? What's all this overtraining? I detect an upcoming Kona Qual thread!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: I laughed at Death today [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The toughest century around is tomorrow:

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In southern NJ, Death is still speeding up to pass me and make a sketchy right hand turn every 10 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great ride!!!

Quote | Reply
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Quote Reply
Re: I laughed at Death today [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
The New York Post version........."Insect seriously injured in hit and run offense by cyclist".

Golf-clap worthy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never laugh at death.

Death always has the last laugh.

Stay inside from now on. Clearly, you have used up all your good luck on one ride. Don't risk it again

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well your proper fucked in your next ride aren't you ...
A years worth of good fortune all burned in one ride..... ;)
Quote Reply