Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it
Quote | Reply
A few weeks ago, I purchased the Zipp Super 9 and it was the best decision I ever made. I currently have a Zipp 808 in front and while I love this setup, the HED3 Plus was very intriguing not to mention I love the way it sounds like an attack helicoptor.

Anybody have any experience with the new 25mm wide HED3 plus with a Disc in rear? How do you like the setup?
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Anybody have any experience with the new 25mm wide HED3 plus with a Disc in rear?

Yep.

Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Hed GT3 and Stinger disc and love them. I also have a Stinger 9 and Stinger 7. To tell you the truth I couldn't tell you if any are faster in varying conditions but the GT3 I find less affected by cross wind. The Hed3 + is slightly deeper and I had a H3 (same depth) which may have been slightly more susceptible but nothing outrageous.
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I use a Hed GT3 and Stinger disc and love them. I also have a Stinger 9 and Stinger 7. To tell you the truth I couldn't tell you if any are faster in varying conditions but the GT3 I find less affected by cross wind. The Hed3 + is slightly deeper and I had a H3 (same depth) which may have been slightly more susceptible but nothing outrageous.

Glad to hear this. I ordered red decals because my zipp super 9 are red.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that would be one hell of a training set-up
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
that would be one hell of a training set-up

I don't race but after getting these and installing one of those banned motors, I think I can easily beat Froome and win the entire tour de france...lol......i love the helicopter noise this wheel makes. It will be interesting to see how the whomp whomp goes with the fut fut fut fut fut noise the front makes. You could have the hottest woman walk by, anybody sees and hears this go by will be looking at me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Glad to hear this. I ordered red decals because my zipp super 9 are red.

It has to be matching. Check out my old rig before upgrading to the new Dimond Marquise with even more fluro yellow. The light didn't really do the fluro justice...

https://www.trizone.com.au/20161109/10-reasons-why-you-should-buy-a-dimond-bike/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really gotta remember that in terms of performance, from the best to the worst (like shallow aluminum rim, to 808 depth or disc), is something like 0.5 km/hr (at about 45km/hr) based on flo's data. So performance wise, if you 'notice' a difference while riding, its either in your head, or due to differences in tire choice/pressure.

Just use the setup you think looks the best, that will be the fastest since you'll be psyched the most for it. I think trispokes look great, and they are well know to be bomb proof.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women care about bike wheel noises?!! Iv been doing it wrong!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had an original Hed3 for about three years and I don't want anything else. With a disc on the rear, it's no problem at all in the wind. When I first got my Felt IA, I would take it out on windy days with the H3 and disc. One time a guy on a road bike with Zipp 303's pulled up at a stop light complaining about the wind blowing him around. I really hadn't felt a thing.

There's a good reason why so many pro cyclists kept using the H3 with a disc even when the sponsors wanted something else; it's fast!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went the other way... old HED H3>>>>Corima 4spoke>>>Zipp 808. No doubt all are fast. I went for convenience of the 808. I think the Corima handled the best of the 3 but I want to move away from tubular. I don't think you will regret your decision at all as long as different brands don't kick in the OCD.
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've obviously missed the recent spate of marathonrunner troll threads.
Everyone of them is about his Speed Concept, Super 9 disc, 808 front, not racing and being attractive to women.
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:
Everyone of them is about his Speed Concept, Super 9 disc, 808 front, not racing and being attractive to women.
....and being fat too :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the H3+.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

Mixing Hed and Zipp soooo not attractive. Need a Hed Jet to run with that bad boy to look sexy to man or woman...
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
ridenfish39 wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

Mixing Hed and Zipp soooo not attractive. Need a Hed Jet to run with that bad boy to look sexy to man or woman...

Yeah I cant do that either .. no sexy
Quote Reply
Re: I just ordered the HED3 Plus Tri Spoke. Hope I won't regret it [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

No I didn't miss them- I was throwing some sarcasm his way, he didn't bite though 😉
Quote Reply