Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo
Quote | Reply
Okay. My tacx vortex was okay.
But the wattage was all over the freaking place.

Borrowed a Kicker and realized my tack sucks. But I don't want to necessarily buy one. Looks like an elite drivo is a good option and is better priced.

what does slow twitch say.
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At $100 more than the Wahoo why do you think the Elite is better priced?
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo [Triagain3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I have a Vortex as well and it's great.
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

Better priced for me. Where I live I can get an Elite for about $200 cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:

As do I. No problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triagain3 wrote:
logella wrote:

Better priced for me. Where I live I can get an Elite for about $200 cheaper.

That's a no-brainer. Get the Drivo for sure. Reasonably quiet (quieter than the Gen 2 Kickr IMO) and very good power accuracy.
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sooners175 wrote:
BayDad wrote:

As do I. No problems.

I don't have any "real" problems with it. I just found the accuracy of the power reading was not as good as I would like. And the ability for the trainer to change resistance on erg mode is not nearly as quick as the kicker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
understood. I monitor my power with my bikes' PM and let zwift control the trainer resistance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really sure what your question?
Do you want the cheapest deal you can get or the best smart Trainer - your call really

Personally I have a Kickr and think it is a very good piece of kit

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Tack Vortex, Tried a 2nd gen. Kicker, might buy a Elite Drivo [Johnnybike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want the best piece of kit I can get. Just looking for info from people who own a drivo to get an idea of what it is like.
Quote Reply