Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I couldnt decided between P5 and SC, Help me!
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at Cervelo P5 and Trek SC (Generation 2), so I'm asking your experience and feedback between both bike. Tell me what is your PRO and CONS on P5 and SC. Anyone who switch from P5 to SC or SC to P5? If so, why did you switch it ? Anything that I need to look at it or something that i'm overlook at each of the bike. Give me your opinion and feedback. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: I couldnt decided between P5 and SC, Help me! [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with a speed concept. From the reading I did, the P5 is more difficult to work on, much more difficult to make adjustments to the handlebars, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: I couldnt decided between P5 and SC, Help me! [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any bike will be tough to work on until you get the hang of it. Honestly if you're able to try out both bikes then that for me would be the ideal suggestion. I went with the P5 as I fitted better on the frame geometry. Once you have the bars dialled in and the seat, you're out riding and racing. I love my P5 with my Zipp wheels.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: I couldnt decided between P5 and SC, Help me! [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
I went with a speed concept. From the reading I did, the P5 is more difficult to work on, much more difficult to make adjustments to the handlebars, etc.

I went SC as well. The front end is actually pretty easy to take apart and put back together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You probably can't go wrong with either bike. They are at the top of the superbike class for aero.

The only real differences that stand out to me are in the front end and handlebars:

-the P5 requires the fork steerer to be cut down. So, if you aren't dialed on your fit this may be a limitation;
-the Aduro aero extensions do not include an option for adjusting angle;
-with Magura brakes/brake levers there isn't an off the shelf option for Di2 brake lever shifters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P5 comes with the best brakes you can buy. It also has a normal headset so can be removed with standard tools, and can use any aero bar you may want to use (lots of development in aero bars so the limitations on the aduros are not really a drawback).

The SC has the clever behind the frame storage box, which is quite brilliant IMO (for long course triathlon use).

Beyond that, the one that fits you and appeals to your aesthetic interests are probably the most delineating points.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SC is an amazing bike. Don't get me wrong, I like the P5 too but the SC is in a class of its own. Not too bad to work on, braking is pretty good, lots of adjustment room, and just a nice looking bike. Just my 2 cents. Have fun with whatever you go with.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this suppose to be one of those "first world problem" joke threads?
Quote Reply
Re: I couldnt decided between P5 and SC, Help me! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept. Next question.

It is possible but unlikely that you will not able to get a good fit on the SC, but will on the P5. That's the only reason I can think of to get a P5

No reason to use anything but the integrated bars - they're very good. Not sure about Mk2 Speed Concept, but you can fit any aero bars on the Mk1, via the steerer stub. (Lower models use this as stock).

Project One rocks.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply