Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I can see again!!
Quote | Reply
10 minutes rubbing the inside of my goggles with a chlorox wipe, and the "anti-fog" coating is now gone. Now I can see again!

I'll try that with my fastskins tonight, they're smudged to hell. Only wore them once, and they're unusable...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: I can see again!! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooooh, I need to try that. After a long while my swedix does get these cloudy smudges on the inside of the goggles and I thought I tried just about everything. Gonna try it tonight!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to try that! Cloudy optics has been the primary cause of death for my Spec Ops 2.0s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you rinse out the goggle after the wipe? Just curious seems like it might be a little 'fumerus' and bother the eyes if there were a film of chlorox left in there? I'm gonna try this tonight!
Quote Reply
Re: I can see again!! [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did it, so I haven't taken them to the pool yet. clorox wipe, then wiped out the clorox residue with a tissue. I'll rinse the goggles before I swim in them, for sure...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little different approach: After every swim I put a drop of Johnson's Baby Shampoo in each lens (of my Aqua Sphere K180's), wipe it around with my finger tip then rinse them out. Still crystal clear after almost three years - and they never fog up...

Remember Luddites are people too...
Quote Reply
Re: I can see again!! [tdstegner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what happens with me is that my eyelashes touch the lens sometimes. that smudges the anti-fog.

on bigger goggles I don't have the same issue, but I don't like big goggles.

with the fastskins I have, the strap they come with is slightly too short for my huge cranium. that was pulling the goggles in so tight that my eyelids were almost touching the lens. I swapped out the strap and the googles are much more comfortable now, but I can't see anything.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
10 minutes rubbing the inside of my goggles with a chlorox wipe, and the "anti-fog" coating is now gone. Now I can see again!

I'll try that with my fastskins tonight, they're smudged to hell. Only wore them once, and they're unusable...

yah, that's great and all that, but will it shave 10 seconds per 100 off my time???

:-|

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: I can see again!! [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

yah, that's great and all that, but will it shave 10 seconds per 100 off my time???

:-|

maybe more if you don't faceplant into the wall or miss the turn entirely :-)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i thought you were going to say lasik surgery
Quote Reply
Re: I can see again!! [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far it's not working on my Fastskins. The antifog is made of kryptonite or something. Easily smudgeable kryptonite....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply