Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I bought Omni - my first impressions
Quote | Reply
EDIT: after having used the bike for an extensive period of time I can confirm that Omni is really good and I enjoy it very much. I have remove the original post because it does not reflect what the bike is like at all.

I don't regret having bought the frame and enjoy riding it very much.

I have not been paid or remunerated for this update by TriRig in any way.
Last edited by: kgro: May 7, 18 16:58
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like TriRig's products but the rear brake cover on the Omega brake (which I have on my Dimond) is total shit. I taped mine on there to keep it from falling off. There's zero chance it stays on otherwise.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we now know why nobody was riding one of these at Kona!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I guess we now know why nobody was riding one of these at Kona!

The answer is much more trivial than you think - Omni got released after Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pictures of the complete build?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
When I have made a purchase, I have sent a request to TriRig with couple of questions, and have received zero response. I remember the TriRig guys were whining here on ST about some guy complaining about crappy communication, explaining that they need more time. I gave them more time and instead I just have received the frame. The questions as of yet have not been answered and I don't think they will be.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Do you remember the dates of this attempted communication?

I'll reserve judgement until timing is better understood. But damn.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
kgro wrote:
When I have made a purchase, I have sent a request to TriRig with couple of questions, and have received zero response. I remember the TriRig guys were whining here on ST about some guy complaining about crappy communication, explaining that they need more time. I gave them more time and instead I just have received the frame. The questions as of yet have not been answered and I don't think they will be.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

End of November, around 29th or 30th. Over 2 weeks is beyond reasonable in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't work well on the front either. I've seen them pop off riding on a chip seal type of road. Maybe they've upgraded the magnets since then, but the old bolt on covers were much better IMO.

The GMAN wrote:
I like TriRig's products but the rear brake cover on the Omega brake (which I have on my Dimond) is total shit. I taped mine on there to keep it from falling off. There's zero chance it stays on otherwise.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamAERO wrote:
Do you have any pictures of the complete build?

I do, but with pic limit of 250 kb on ST it is a bit cumbersome. Is there something you want to see in particular? I can take pictures with that focus and upload them on the third party pic services.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
The lack of seatstay is the reason for rather serious flex with the rear wheel. I understand that the chainstay supposed to be super strong, and I guess I'll get to check this on my next turbo ride

Please elaborate. You can feel the flex or create noticeable flex with your hands? This comment seems to be the only major deal breaker with the product itself. Although the combined total of your other complaints makes it a very unattractive bicycle, to be sure.
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about no place for an internal Di2 battery?

Keep in mind. Dude hasn't even ridden it yet. These are just first impressions.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
How about no place for an internal Di2 battery?

Based on everything I read, I think the bike was built purposely with SRAM 1x in mind. Nothing else.

Not saying that's ok, given the price. Just putting it out there...

blog
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not according to the ad copy, which I'm now reading more closely. It was built for EXTERNAL di2 battery's. In 2016. With nearly every other superbike providing accommodation for internal battery setups. See below:

Wherever possible, we have added bottle/accessory bosses to Omni, allowing for easy attachment of hydration and storage products. Just forward of the seatpost you'll find a pair. There's another pair on the rear surface of the seatpost itself. The seatpost also has a pair of bosses corresponding to Shimano's Di2 battery mount, as well as a cable port for electronic wires. There's a second set of Di2 battery bosses on the non-drive-side chainstay, offering yet another option for setup. Omni ships with our Beta Bottle Carrier, which provides an additional three sets of mounts. Even Omni's storage box up front is affixed using this standard. And of course, there's a set of bosses in a BTA position included with the Alpha X aerobar. That's a total of seven sets of bottle/accessory bosses and two sets of Di2 battery bosses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
kgro wrote:
The lack of seatstay is the reason for rather serious flex with the rear wheel. I understand that the chainstay supposed to be super strong, and I guess I'll get to check this on my next turbo ride

Please elaborate. You can feel the flex or create noticeable flex with your hands? This comment seems to be the only major deal breaker with the product itself. Although the combined total of your other complaints makes it a very unattractive bicycle, to be sure.

the flex is pretty noticeable. Here is a quick video:

Finally, I did not want to create so many negative emotions about the bike - I bought it. I intend to ride it and race on it. I simply listed couple of issues, and issues are pretty common for the first version. I simply think it is important to tell about these issues, because while some of us can live with them, others can not and it wouldn't be fair to let them get into the deal, that they would hate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the correction. I do remember reading that now. I was going off memory earlier.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Not according to the ad copy, which I'm now reading more closely. It was built for EXTERNAL di2 battery's. In 2016. With nearly every other superbike providing accommodation for internal battery setups. See below:

Wherever possible, we have added bottle/accessory bosses to Omni, allowing for easy attachment of hydration and storage products. Just forward of the seatpost you'll find a pair. There's another pair on the rear surface of the seatpost itself. The seatpost also has a pair of bosses corresponding to Shimano's Di2 battery mount, as well as a cable port for electronic wires. There's a second set of Di2 battery bosses on the non-drive-side chainstay, offering yet another option for setup. Omni ships with our Beta Bottle Carrier, which provides an additional three sets of mounts. Even Omni's storage box up front is affixed using this standard. And of course, there's a set of bosses in a BTA position included with the Alpha X aerobar. That's a total of seven sets of bottle/accessory bosses and two sets of Di2 battery bosses.

Yeah, I wish the ad copy would be more clear on the fact that there is in fact no space inside the seat stay or frame. They kind of downlayed it by trying to show it like you had more choice. Not a huge deal for me, since I was looking at that eTap for some time, but I though it needs to be said for others to know for sure. The bosses on the non-drive side are there, but we didn't find the closest possibility for the cable exit really working that well for that position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure the internal tampon batteries -- the SM-BTR2 or BT-DN110 -- won't slide into the seat tube if you trim the post itself and slide it down into the frame there? Not sure I understand why that wouldn't work unless the seat tube is really really narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Are you sure the internal tampon batteries -- the SM-BTR2 or BT-DN110 -- won't slide into the seat tube if you trim the post itself and slide it down into the frame there? Not sure I understand why that wouldn't work unless the seat tube is really really narrow.

It does not fit by couple of millimetres. Not sure if it was an oversight or a specific design decision (surely made to piss off all Di2 users), but I am not shaving off anything for obvious reasons. One thing for sure - it absolutely and definitely does not fit. We've tried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
Finally, I did not want to create so many negative emotions about the bike - I bought it. I intend to ride it and race on it. I simply listed couple of issues, and issues are pretty common for the first version. I simply think it is important to tell about these issues, because while some of us can live with them, others can not and it wouldn't be fair to let them get into the deal, that they would hate.

Be safe my friend. Will surely be interested to see how the riding / racing goes. I am sure I am not the only one interested so please keep us updated.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering past issues and all the previous communication about customer service on this site, I would think that any seller (especially a small, niche seller type company) of a first time in the market, considerable cost product, would have a pro-active customer follow up process in place to ensure there are no problems/issues and help ensure feedback from customers willing to take the plunge is nothing but positive. Like another poster stated, this isn't a $185 brake purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
wsrobert wrote:
kgro wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

End of November, around 29th or 30th. Over 2 weeks is beyond reasonable in my opinion.

So my last message was deleted per a PM from Dan. Seems my language was over the top. I'll try this again a little less aggressively.

You're still awaiting a response from an email/emails sent nearly three weeks ago? And that's after this:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/TriRig_Beta_broke_after_25_miles%2C_2_riders_crash_P6131970/?search_string=tririg#p6131970

And this:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/TriRig_Letter__P6145254/?forum_view=forum_view_collapsed&;page=unread#unread

[this passage was deleted by the moderator]

"One Line Robert"
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 19, 16 9:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
I did not want to create so many negative emotions about the bike - I bought it. I intend to ride it and race on it. I simply listed couple of issues, and issues are pretty common for the first version. I simply think it is important to tell about these issues, because while some of us can live with them, others can not

Based on that video, my fear is that you're exactly right.
Last edited by: davews09: Dec 19, 16 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Me too. Despite the tape, it fell off when I hit a rough patch, and the magnets fell out too. I sent the whole brake back to Tririg and have never heard back from them. That was about 8 months ago

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAMN - are the chainstays made out of rubber?

kgro wrote:

the flex is pretty noticeable. Here is a quick video: [/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow is right that's ridiculous. This was the only one of the new "super bikes" that I liked. I'm waiting for Pubes to move up his tri rig bankruptcy prediction to about a month from today.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Dec 19, 16 10:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next