Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I Tied Someone Else in a Race
Quote | Reply
Sprint race--both finished in 55:20. It would probably be less incredible if we started or finished at the same time and I could Probably handle it better if we were sprinting together to the finish...but it was a pool Swim, self-seeded start so I am not even sure if I ever saw him on the course. I have come up with at least a dozen different ways I lost 1 second over the course of the race that don't necessarily even have to do with "just going slightly faster"

Has this happened to anyone else?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: May 24, 17 17:48
Quote Reply
Re: I Tied Someone Else in a Race [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once, I finished a half ironman in a 4 way dead heat! All started in the same wave. We were all at the tail end of the race, for various reasons. We agreed to cross the finish line holding hands. We all got the exact same time, but because my name was last alphabetically, I was credited with DFL.

Far from being depressed with DFL, it was actually the most enjoyable half IM I've ever done!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: I Tied Someone Else in a Race [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow--now that is incredible

Interestingly, on one site with results, I was listed first and on another one, he was listed first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tied an IM70.3 last year. On mobile page I am listed 10th he is 11th. On the full page he is listed 10th and I am 11th.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: I Tied Someone Else in a Race [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:
I tied an IM70.3 last year. On mobile page I am listed 10th he is 11th. On the full page he is listed 10th and I am 11th.

Keep trying different browsers, maybe you'll get 1st.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup! Pool swim as well. We started about 30s apart so we knew it was probably close, but not that close! We are friends and I always claimed I was first because I was listed first :)

https://www.sportstats.ca/...s.xhtml?raceid=39061

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Wow--now that is incredible .

Not incredible, but rather a certainty if four runners cross the line holding hands in a race that doesn't record net, (as opposed to gun), time.

Look at the results of almost any relatively short race with enough people and you're likely to see competitors with times "matching" to the second. Race often enough, especially in short events, and sooner or later you're bound to "share" a finishing time with someone else.

At 4:10/km pace (marginally faster than 3 hour marathon pace, so a reasonable finishing sprint pace for many over shorter distances), 1 second represents 4 metres. That's a decisive margin to the naked eye, but still may show up as the same time when rounded to out the second.
Quote Reply