Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I Killed my Trainer This Morning:
Quote | Reply
Hi all: After four years I finally killed my Computrainer this morning. So, I am in the market for a new one. The most important thing I need is displayed watts. I am looking at more mid-high end (around $1,000.00). Thank you.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr's are around $1000 new. I switched from computrainer and have been happy. I know opinions vary, but worth taking a look. Good luck.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just get a new load generator from Computrainer? The Lab model is listed at $625.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
konaexpress wrote:
Hi all: After four years I finally killed my Computrainer this morning. So, I am in the market for a new one. The most important thing I need is displayed watts. I am looking at more mid-high end (around $1,000.00). Thank you.

What did you kill? I fried the board inside the load generator a year and a half ago. Bundled it all up, along with cables, shipped it out and they tested everything, replaced the board, made sure it all worked and shipped it back. Was only a couple of hundred bucks if that. Has been working great ever since. A LOT cheaper than a new trainer that is anywhere near as comparable. Heck, getting it fixed and selling it should make you money to help in buying something new and different if that's what you want.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What happened?

I have an incomplete unit that I am willing to part with.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a good suggestion. Thanks.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the others....why lose an awesome trainer that the others still try to emulate as far as hardware. I had an issue with mine years ago, and they made me an amazing offer on a brand new one that had the latest perks. Otherwise, get it fixed as they are invaluable as you obviously know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:
konaexpress wrote:

What did you kill? I fried the board inside the load generator a year and a half ago. Bundled it all up, along with cables, shipped it out and they tested everything, replaced the board, made sure it all worked and shipped it back. Was only a couple of hundred bucks if that. Has been working great ever since. A LOT cheaper than a new trainer that is anywhere near as comparable. Heck, getting it fixed and selling it should make you money to help in buying something new and different if that's what you want.

Came to suggest this as well. One of the nice things about owning a CT is that it can be serviced. The thing probably has another 25 years of life in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't throw a Computrainer away. Almost every part can be replaced.
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

What happened?

From your seat post failure?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fried my Computrainer last spring. Sent it back to them and they replaced the load generator and tested the rest to make sure it was fine. I spent around $400 including shipping from Canada.

I would do the same thing again if it happens again. My computrainer was from 2003.
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Why not just get a new load generator from Computrainer? The Lab model is listed at $625.

Even better, call them up and see how much it will be to repair. Anything from the last 10 years can usually be repaired for well below replacement cost ($625).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send it to them for a repair. Mine (load generator) was replace (4 years ago) for $275. At that time they even send me a spare so I don't lose training time. Great Service.

My computrainer is running since 1999...
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
hblake wrote:

What happened?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

NO ONE shall be allowed to talk to this poster until he comes up with "the rest of the story" !!!
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
hblake wrote:

What happened?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=5356794;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

I see what you did there it is was very well played!
Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [TOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I will do. I have already contacted Racer Mate and we are going to work on finding the issue or replacement. Thank you.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply
Re: I Killed my Trainer This Morning: [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, that is what I am doing.

Barry Dmitruk

Quote Reply