Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi today, Saturday, at 6:45 Eastern spoiler alert!
Quote | Reply
The 2017 WTS kicks off a new season tomorrow in Adu Dhabi at 6:45am Eastern with the women's race and then follows up Saturday morning at the same time with the men's race. The men's field is quite stacked but lacks either of the killer bees. Without Gwen or Flora Duffy racing I wonder who will take the reins of the women's race. It will be interesting to see who's already in decent form this early in the year.

Anyone else watching real time?

Cheers,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Mar 4, 17 3:23
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put my money on Stimpson, though I'm pulling for cook. Don't forget to fill out the trifecta picks. Trifecta.usatriathlon.org
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [Dumples] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumples wrote:
I put my money on Stimpson, though I'm pulling for cook. Don't forget to fill out the trifecta picks. Trifecta.usatriathlon.org

I agree on Stimpson. Between having won Abu Dhabi last year and wanting to show despite not making the Olympic team that she's still a force to be reckoned with. She'll be out for blood. Javier and Mario ought to put the pressure on all the other men.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pulling for Katie Zaferes, but I think Summer Cook could be he real dark horse - especially if she has improved her bike skills.
Last edited by: trineuropa: Mar 2, 17 17:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike course looks friggin awesome! I hope they have on-course coverage that does it a justice. I'm also pulling for cook... but I think this bike course might work against her.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
The bike course looks friggin awesome! I hope they have on-course coverage that does it a justice. I'm also pulling for cook... but I think this bike course might work against her.

What makes the bike course so awesome? Has it changed from last year? Also, I guess no hills in Abu Dhabi?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the women's race is down to only 30 women. that's an awfully small field for an itu race, which probably will make it easier for a group to break away and stay away on a hillless course.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
the women's race is down to only 30 women. that's an awfully small field for an itu race, which probably will make it easier for a group to break away and stay away on a hillless course.

Without Flora to initiate a break I'm not sure who might one expect to do so? Andrea Hewitt?

Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:

Wow, that is a small field. Is the men's field small too?

Don't think he was racing this one anyway but it was announced today that Jonny Brownlee is out for the start of the season with a hip injury.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a small field, a small front swim pack may form - I've picked Cook for the win based on her raw talent, but have little confidence she'll stay in the front group if its very small with the technical turns - if she stays in the front pack, her win at Edmonton sprint last year shows she can run well after struggling on the bike.

Melanie Santos as a longshot for the podium.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
if she stays in the front pack, her win at Edmonton sprint last year shows she can run well after struggling on the bike.

Watching her dangle solo completely off the draft at Edmonton was a viscerally painful experience.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My live video only loads for 1 -2 seconds then I get a black screen and this message:

"embedding is disabled on this page"

Anyone else too?

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
My live video only loads for 1 -2 seconds then I get a black screen and this message:

"embedding is disabled on this page"

Anyone else too?

Same here ...........must be a technical problem at the site:(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
video hanging for me too :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now working when I tried google chrome instead of firefox.

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good call - works on chrome for me too - was on IE before
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [ashtanga_yogi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My video is good.

The field is 30 (not 20) but it's still small.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Early prediction: Betto pushes bike pack away and hits podium

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bit harsh but what is the point in Routier being a triathlete?
Last edited by: messien: Mar 3, 17 4:34
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicky Samuels =retired now
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be interesting to see how Mola does on this bike course tomorrow given wide packs are unlikely to form.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU World Triathlon Series Abu Dhabi tomorrow morning at 6:45 Eastern [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trineuropa wrote:
I'm pulling for Katie Zaferes, but I think Summer Cook could be he real dark horse - especially if she has improved her bike skills.

Katie herself has obviously improved her bike handling skills a good deal over the past couple of years. Summer's riding reminds me of how Katie use to ride....dangling off the back out of the draft and needing to do intervals to catch back up.

Stimpson is certainly looking solid so far. It will be super impressive if she runs great on top of this ride.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vilic is impressive - can she pull the big upset?

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happened to the Americans?

Great win for Hewitt. She and Stimpson did so much work on the bike too.
Last edited by: messien: Mar 3, 17 6:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next