Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up
Quote | Reply
http://wts.triathlon.org/...grand_final_edmonton

Glad they have me correctly in both races listed.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was waiting for this, awesome. 70 people in my wave, not a bad turnout. Should be a fun race.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [.Buck.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
82 in mine.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like 93 in M40-44 Sprint which is awesome! I'm wondering what the Aquathon numbers will be.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My waves (pulling the double Sprint and Olympic) were both at around 70. Which seems a bit lower than last year

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
82 in mine.

Mine too...45-49.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen wave times posted?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [gttri15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found the wave times today:
Sprint: http://edmonton.triathlon.org/...sprint_wave_schedule
Standard: http://edmonton.triathlon.org/...andard_wave_schedule

Quite happy about mine (M30 - sprint and standard). There is a good gap between the men and women in the sprint (12 min) so we shouldn't end up swimming through anyone. And think they've done a good job of grouping the age groups together based on speed for the standard and putting gaps between those groupings

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [rj_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rj_tri wrote:
Found the wave times today:
Sprint: http://edmonton.triathlon.org/...sprint_wave_schedule
Standard: http://edmonton.triathlon.org/...andard_wave_schedule

Quite happy about mine (M30 - sprint and standard). There is a good gap between the men and women in the sprint (12 min) so we shouldn't end up swimming through anyone. And think they've done a good job of grouping the age groups together based on speed for the standard and putting gaps between those groupings

You are lucky being young and getting to start early. Use old folks get put out to pasture.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. I get to sleep in before the sprint. That's the latest wave I've ever had (M40-44).
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice change up from Nationals. Racing live time both days with Men's 16-19 off first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rj_tri wrote:
There is a good gap between the men and women in the sprint (12 min) so we shouldn't end up swimming through anyone.

There is a 13min gap before M35 in the Oly, is this a bad time to mention its a 2 lap swim? wouldn't the middle of the pack be starting their 2nd lap in 13min?
Last edited by: GrumpyCat: Aug 12, 14 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [GrumpyCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a good point.. and one I hadn't considered since it doesn't look like it will affect me. I wonder how that is going to work exactly. When I've done the race in the past you had to get out of the water and run around a buoy before coming back in. So those people that are going out on their second loop will probably be getting swam over by the leaders in the next wave.

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
Wow. I get to sleep in before the sprint. That's the latest wave I've ever had (M40-44).
I always wake up at 4. Am really going to have to rethink my nutrition plan since this will be the latest I have ever started a race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, only 14 people from M40-44 in the Olympic distance. Glad they stopped the rolldown at 25 when I was 26th last year. >:-(

Quote | Reply
I counted 89 in Oly M40-44? Oh wait you are counting USA only. Only 6 USA in M35-39. I'm guessing these aren't the 6 fastest in the country then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrumpyCat wrote:
I counted 89 in Oly M40-44? Oh wait you are counting USA only. Only 6 USA in M35-39. I'm guessing these aren't the 6 fastest in the country then?

Correct, USA only. My point is that the process allows people to lock down spots by paying the $50 deposit, but they can back out later by not paying the full registration fee leaving others out of luck. Only 6 on the 35-39 age group is ridiculous.

Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
So, only 14 people from M40-44 in the Olympic distance. Glad they stopped the rolldown at 25 when I was 26th last year. >:-(

Only have 8 in mine. Before they had the date you had to pay, there were 20 in each AG. This is why IMO I have suggested to USAT they need
to have folks pay the full amount, just with WTC does at races for Kona, so if folks really do not want to go, others are allowed in!!!
The 50 dollar holding to say one is interested is a joke.

Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
GrumpyCat wrote:

Correct, USA only. My point is that the process allows people to lock down spots by paying the $50 deposit, but they can back out later by not paying the full registration fee leaving others out of luck. Only 6 on the 35-39 age group is ridiculous.

Yep, the exact type of numbers I sent to Tim Yount and asked what is going on? Either folks should pay the full amount when they say they want to go or let it roll down!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see that the age groups are not split into two - last year missed out by 23secs to an athlete in the earlier wave so had no idea as i won my wave. Also the standard race looks really well split for the M 45-49 age group so should end up being a really fair race.

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WC Edmonton Start list is up [Gibraltar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 weeks to go. Will be within a few hours of the first race of the WC, the Aquathlon.

So, what is the weather projection? What is the water temp?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been warm in Edmonton and the 'lake' is quite small and shallow, so my guess is that it's pretty warm in there right now.
Probably too early to predict the weather but historically it's usually about 20-22 degrees at that time of year. Because it's worlds though.. it will probably rain :)

Team Every Man Jack
Last edited by: rj_tri: Aug 13, 14 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rj_tri wrote:
It's been warm in Edmonton and the 'lake' is quite small and shallow, so my guess is that it's pretty warm in there right now.
Probably too early to predict the weather but historically it's usually about 20-22 degrees at that time of year. Because it's worlds though.. it will probably rain :)

Every worlds I have been to had the first ever for that data terrible weather. Am hoping edmonton breaks the spell.

My concern is if the water is too warm it will be a no wetsuit swim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd bet on a non wet suit swim, unless we get a lot of rain or some colder temps.

Just checked the long term forecast and it does have us cooling off next week, not that they can accurately predict stuff that far out.

50/50 chance of non-wetsuit swim. Final answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrumpyCat wrote:
I'd bet on a non wet suit swim, unless we get a lot of rain or some colder temps.

Just checked the long term forecast and it does have us cooling off next week, not that they can accurately predict stuff that far out.

50/50 chance of non-wetsuit swim. Final answer.

Since I have seen the ITU at WC lie about the water temperature first hand and how it impacted the use of wetsuits, guess I will bring
my thermometer and make sure they follow the rules this time. :o(

Quote Reply

Prev Next