Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISM PN saddles and tool kits
Quote | Reply
Hi All

I used to use a fizik saddle, which had a nice saddle bag that slot into the back of the saddle, but for comfort, I am toying with a ISM PN 2.1 over winter to test it and its going ok. My query is does anyone have a setup which allows them to have the usual tool kit in under the saddle somehow without compromising aero? I don't want a xwing type set up as I don't like mounting with bottles on the back and have a fromt hydration system.

Cheers jub
Last edited by: jubbely: Feb 4, 17 14:12
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo PN saddles and tool kits [jubbely] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely a normal small saddle bag works fine?
I used to use one, but now have a bottle there.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo PN saddles and tool kits [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my normal saddle bag would stop me using the transition hook easily. I've ordered a xlab mini bag, which hopefully hugs under the saddle a bit more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jubbely wrote:
So my normal saddle bag would stop me using the transition hook easily. I've ordered a xlab mini bag, which hopefully hugs under the saddle a bit more

at last I've seen one of the rare people, who are using that awkward transition hook at the back of the saddle!

For the life in me I can't fathom how it is even possible to use the rear hook with all that crap I've got for the race there already. Especially since the Fizik (at least Tritone) has a nice hanging hook thingy in front of the saddle already.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo PN saddles and tool kits [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so the mini bag obscures the transition hook, which I need to use as race is too busy to rack by handlebars, plus its really fast. I'm thinking I only have 2 options now: no tool kit or sacrifice a bottle holder on the frame for tools :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jubbely wrote:
OK so the mini bag obscures the transition hook, which I need to use as race is too busy to rack by handlebars, plus its really fast. I'm thinking I only have 2 options now: no tool kit or sacrifice a bottle holder on the frame for tools :(

In the entire time I've used Adamo, until I've switched to Tritone, I've racked the bike by the front of the saddle with no issues whatsoever. I've also seen everyone else doing pretty much the same.

As far as the handlebar racking goes - that really grinds my gears - all these bikes are constantly on the way and people are tripping over the rear wheels during the transition rush. I hope one day this racking technique will become banned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have my tool kit in a bottle behind the seat. I zip tied a gorilla cage as shown on the tririg website. I think the image I saw was from some work with Andy Potts.
Quote Reply