Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy one( let me know if you have one for sale). But they are about the same right? Except 2.1 has back to put on transition rack. Does 1.1 not fit well/ do well on a transition rack? Thoughts/ advice would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Cory
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1 [cfmini32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 2.1 has more padding. the rails are different material but that doesn't matter. and yes it had a hook for transition racks. I am looking at the 1.1 or the old attack saddle. the hook would be nice though.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1 [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mknight84 wrote:
the 2.1 has more padding.

Are you sure about the padding?
The ISM website states that both the 1.1 and 2.1 have a padding level of 40 compared to the 1.0 which has only 25.

To me it seems as if the 2.1 is more or less a tri version of the 1.1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The website says:

"The PN 2.1 is brand new for 2016, and applies our popular PN 1.1 saddle technology to a triathlon platform. It features the same 40-series foam and gel padding as the PN 1.1, but features custom laser-etched graphics, upgraded chromoly rails, and a rear transition hook for easy racking and storage."

If you want to mount bottles or a saddlebag behind the saddle then it probably doesn't matter which you get or the PN1.1 might even be best but if you don't and want easy racking the PN2.1 looks good.

I hadn't realised the Attack was gone but it looks like it's just a renaming exercise. I presume the PN1.0 is the attack with the new naming convention applied?
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading something about ISM renaming all of their saddles for this year. I am pretty sure that PN1.0 is the new name for the Attack.
I guess they changed the names to have similar names for similarly shaped saddles.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1 [luxtri89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looked at the wrong one on the site. Mixed them up.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1 [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the PN 1.1 is hard or easy to rack?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't have a hook built in so pretty much the same as any normal saddle.
I have an Attack (same shape, different rails and padding) and I just hang it from the front of the saddle. I have bottles mounted behind the seat so a built in hook would make no difference anyway
Quote Reply
Re: ISM PN 1.1 vs 2.1 [luxtri89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is true - attack is now named PN (Performance Narrow) 1.0

For what it's worth their new website redesign is very well done and helps make choosing a saddle a bit easier. Although I still recommend trying different styles before committing if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are very similar. I've had lots of people on both of them, trying to compare any difference that they might feel but very few actually had a strong preference.
The padding is advertised as the same and I think it is. The rear of the saddles are slightly different but I don't think many will notice that since they are typically ridden on the nose.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply