Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IRONMAN Texas Open Community Practice Ride, Sat March 28th
Quote | Reply
http://www.outrivalracing.com/got-112-ride/

The OutRival Racing "got 112?" ride on the IRONMAN Texas Course will be Saturday, March 28th, 2015. This open (free!) community ride will be sagged and supported by Bikebarn. We will have 3 (albeit minimalist) aid stations as well as a "Special Needs Practice" option. Route options are 80-112 miles. A 3-mile brick run will be marked as well. Post-ride refreshments offered too! Open to anyone who can (and wants to!) ride that far!
Free and open to anyone, however PLEASE FILL OUT OUR WAIVER IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING. This will help us get a rough head count in attendance.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN Texas Open Community Practice Ride, Sat March 28th [michelletrue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are planning on coming to this ride. Do we need to print off the map or will you have some available that morning. Thanks so much for putting on this event.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN Texas Open Community Practice Ride, Sat March 28th [marty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you'll join us!
Yes, we will have some maps at the start, but we also recommend you download the map or sync it to your phone as a backup too. There will be so many riders out on the course that day that's it's *hard* to get lost...
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN Texas Open Community Practice Ride, Sat March 28th [michelletrue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting this on and inviting the larger tri community to join you - shows a commitment not just to your team but also to the community. Will see you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting on this event. I would love to come ride the course, but I signed up for an olympic distance warmup that same day :(

Are there plans for another similar ride before IMTX?
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN Texas Open Community Practice Ride, Sat March 28th [zilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes we will likely have one in April. We also have an Open sagged ride on Good Friday, April 3rd. We will post those details on our website calendar soon too!

http://www.outrivalracing.com/calendar/

You are also welcome to attend any of our Saturday rides on the course. We just ask you let us know if you are coming! We have large groups ride the IRONMAN Texas Course every Saturday between now and IMTX... our rides are open to anyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
michelletrue wrote:
Yes we will likely have one in April. We also have an Open sagged ride on Good Friday, April 3rd. We will post those details on our website calendar soon too!

http://www.outrivalracing.com/calendar/

You are also welcome to attend any of our Saturday rides on the course. We just ask you let us know if you are coming! We have large groups ride the IRONMAN Texas Course every Saturday between now and IMTX... our rides are open to anyone!

Great this is exactly what I was hoping for. It worked wonders for me when I did my training ride on the Louisville course in 2013. I will be watching the calendar and hoping for good weather around April 11 and 18.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, Michelle.
I am hopeful that you may know someone in The Woodlands area that would be willing to host a Canadian triathlete in their home for a few days leading up to the event. I am a high school teacher, and I am the triathlon coach at our school. I am currently raising money for Team Save the Children. This charity is associated with Ironman Texas and a few other North American Ironman events. I have raised just over $20,000 so far. I am looking for someone that will appreciate the fact that I am trying to help others by racing this event (karma). Would you know of anyone in that immediate area who may be able to assist me? Thanks for giving this request some consideration.
Regards,
Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
michelletrue wrote:
http://www.outrivalracing.com/got-112-ride/

The OutRival Racing "got 112?" ride on the IRONMAN Texas Course will be Saturday, March 28th, 2015. This open (free!) community ride will be sagged and supported by Bikebarn. We will have 3 (albeit minimalist) aid stations as well as a "Special Needs Practice" option. Route options are 80-112 miles. A 3-mile brick run will be marked as well. Post-ride refreshments offered too! Open to anyone who can (and wants to!) ride that far!
Free and open to anyone, however PLEASE FILL OUT OUR WAIVER IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING. This will help us get a rough head count in attendance.

Michelle,

I hope the ride went well on the 28th. I was hoping to see another ride April 11th or so. Any chance one will be set up for that weekend? I was planning on flying out to stay with friends in H-town and get in a good training weekend, if the weather cooperates.

If there is not a "group" ride, what are your opinions on traffic and safety for a solo attempt April 11? What would be the best time to get started? Sunrise? A little later?

Thanks for the support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending you an email! Sounds like an awesome cause!
Quote Reply