Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IRONMAN History lesson, that first year.. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great stuff. Epitomizes what I love about this sport - a little craziness, some pain, lots of comraderie.

To venture into the unknown like you guys did is amazing. We owe our passion to all of you.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN History lesson, that first year.. [charris19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode about 2 hours on the course yesterday and relived many old memories of this place, and boy has it changed. The road is newly paved along with the shoulder, which is about a car length wide to ride on. Traffic is non stop no matter where you go. I went to Hawi last nite for dinner with a friend who lives there now, and it was even busy. Any folks on the island that want to do something that no other triathletes are doing, hit the sushi place in Hawi, it is unbelievably good food, and the deserts are to die for. I had this sweet potato cheesecake and my wife had the flour less dark chocolate cake. Place was packed with locals, not a triathlete in sight. Kind of a fun evening trip to go visualize the turnaround, and see it in the natural setting..

Heading down to lava java now and to swim the course, more fun in the sun in kona!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next