Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Parkerrc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkerrc wrote:
Quote:
You made me realize I'm not looking at banana-5K-guy fairly. Perhaps he is trying to bring awareness to bruised fruits, maybe even those who are victims of
fruit-on-fruit violence, or those who self-identify as bananas. Let's leave him alone then.

As an aside, he must have a scooter or something in that costume because he beats like 95% of the field.

Check out: https://www.reddit.com/...as_a_banana_and_won/? There is a guy there that posts his AARs after winning local races wearing his banana suits. I wonder if it's the same person.

I wonder if he's being chased by a guy in a gorilla suit... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May I use this, like often?

Sure- the guy has done some cheating.
But the amount of cheating is relatively small relative to the amount of non-cheating that he has done.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Last edited by: ltri: Jul 16, 15 3:44
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [ltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So we hosted James yesterday in Muncie...I will be the first to admit on Day One the concept he'd make it to Muncie on Day Forty was nearly zero. ZERO.

Now, barring a bike accident or foot/running injury he looked very strong and very tough. Maybe one of the toughest people I have ever seen. And I have meet some REALLY tough people in the last 53+ years.

Rock on James!

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Stindiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good point about the bike crashes. There have been several falls in his groups, sounds like some have been serious. Its great that he's letting all these people ride with him, but a little stupid too. Doesn't sound like they have the best handling skills, and I'd be surprised if he is much better getting 5 hours or less sleep per night.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owtbac86 wrote:

Just replying to you in general to follow through on my update.

Had a good telephone conversation with USADA. I just forwarded on the relevant information via email to USADA regarding prerace IV, along with results page to establish participation/completion of the HITS Kingston Half. USADA is planning to look into this since they have the photos, results, etc. (goes back to failing the stupid test).

I also spoke with Charlie Crawford at USAT - he deferred the issue to USADA, since it is a potential violation of Article 8 of the USAT rules (doping), for which enforcement responsibility lies with USADA.

I have not heard back from HITS.

That's all for now.

It would've been fun to be a bug on the wall after he hung up the phone.

<hangs up phone>
"Holy shit!"
"What is it, Johnson?"
"Some asshole from the internet wants us to enforce a ban on a guy doing IMs day after day for charity."
"So instead of enforcing antidoping against actual professionals who are actually cheating to win actual, consequential races, he wants us to spend legal, political, and financial resources to take down a guy who is trying to raise money for fat kids? What the evidence?"
"Well, he showed us some facebook posts where some skinny guys were on IVs"

This shouldn't taken as me saying "only enforce antidoping rules against big fish", but rather "USADA/WADA have a limited budget financially and politically, and I bet there's about zero chance that they'll do anything about this on what is likely some pretty legally-flimsy evidence"

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Jul 16, 15 5:36
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [iswimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iswimslow wrote:
I wonder if he's being chased by a guy in a gorilla suit wearing Newtons... ;-)

FTFY

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I'd love to do something like that... Fund raise doing something I love.

Such is the dream, but wheels are expensive and ain't nobody gonna sponsor me.

Especially with that attitude. :) lol

---Patrick

IMMT2014 IMFLA2015
IMMT703-2012/2014 IMFLA703-2013
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owtbac86 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:
TylerJ wrote:
Weird, Casey just told me on Facebook that it wasn't for racing purposes ]

Interesting. I think the WADA code is pretty clear here; this just fails the stupid test (reminds me of those two guys from Utah)

My pickle was pretty frosted when I first saw the IV photo for him to get ready for the HITS Kingston NY half.

I decided to get my ride/swim in today to see if it would make a difference in how I thought about it. It didn't.

I emailed the race director, Chuck Kreger, but the email bounced back, so resent to info@hitstriathlonseries.com.

Given that the IC wingman guy is listed in the results for the race, I'm planning to follow up with a phone call to HITS on monday morning, as well as a call to USADA.

contact usat so athlete is dq'ed from any rankings.... i would thing HITS is welcoming the whole crew as they can use the media

Had a good telephone conversation with USADA. I just forwarded on the relevant information via email to USADA regarding prerace IV, along with results page to establish participation/completion of the HITS Kingston Half. USADA is planning to look into this since they have the photos, results, etc. (goes back to failing the stupid test).

I also spoke with Charlie Crawford at USAT - he deferred the issue to USADA, since it is a potential violation of Article 8 of the USAT rules (doping), for which enforcement responsibility lies with USADA.

That's all for now.

So, what you're saying is, two guys who showed up late to a race start, drafted on the bike, and did the whole thing in a ridiculous costume, may get popped by USADA because they took an IV a few days prior? That's awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AHare wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:

That's all for now.

<hangs up phone>
"Holy shit!"
"What is it, Johnson?"
"Some asshole from the internet wants us to enforce a ban on a guy doing IMs day after day for charity."
"So instead of enforcing antidoping against actual professionals who are actually cheating to win actual, consequential races, he wants us to spend legal, political, and financial resources to take down a guy who is trying to raise money for fat kids? What the evidence?"

This shouldn't taken as me saying "only enforce antidoping rules against big fish", but rather "USADA/WADA have a limited budget financially and politically, and I bet there's about zero chance that they'll do anything about this on what is likely some pretty legally-flimsy evidence"

Bravo and well said, I had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with James and idc what people say or think he is a genuinely good person doing something to make a difference in a world where you can't turn on the news or look at facebook without wondering if we are all going to dying, be shot, blown up or fall fate to some other horrifical end. James is not out there to win races, to get spots in Kona, to be recognized as anyone in the triathlon world, he is out there pushing his own limits to make a difference, to inspire, to give hope to people and most honorably children that suffer with being products of the American way. James and his team did not go out and do a HITS race because they gave a shit about a sanctioned result, the HITS people welcomed James in as a supporter of him and all he has stood for and accomplished. If you don't like him fine, if you hate children fine, if you hate America and our freedoms fine ;P but until you get off your ass and attempt a fraction of what he is doing for the reasons he is doing it and do it spot on with not a waiver in "the rules" just shut your face.

- There are some who call me... Tim
"It's not how far you go, it's how go you far" - Dave Marshak
My Blog - http://www.260totri.com
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Diablo243] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Bravo and well said, I had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with James and idc what people say or think he is a genuinely good person doing something to make a difference in a world where you can't turn on the news or look at facebook without wondering if we are all going to dying, be shot, blown up or fall fate to some other horrifical end. James is not out there to win races, to get spots in Kona, to be recognized as anyone in the triathlon world, he is out there pushing his own limits to make a difference, to inspire, to give hope to people and most honorably children that suffer with being products of the American way. James and his team did not go out and do a HITS race because they gave a shit about a sanctioned result, the HITS people welcomed James in as a supporter of him and all he has stood for and accomplished. If you don't like him fine, if you hate children fine, if you hate America and our freedoms fine ;P but until you get off your ass and attempt a fraction of what he is doing for the reasons he is doing it and do it spot on with not a waiver in "the rules" just shut your face.

/pink

But seriously, the reason people are upset about this is isn't because of what IC is trying to accomplish, but because he is disrespecting the sport while doing it. Having his buddies boasting about breaking the rules before and during the race is a slap in the face to the people who were out on the course, racing their best, and following the rules of USADA and USAT.

Do I think we should get USADA/USAT involved? Personally no, but I can understand why some people do feel that way.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:

That's all for now.

Uh-oh. The Kool-Aid Kid is gonna be pissed.

Hardly.

I have been intrigued by the logistics of the 50 Days in 50 States since the beginning and only worry about the other stuff on a base-line basis. I can't see how anyone can not be in awe (on whatever varying levels) that he is exercising 3 separate disciplines 13-15 hours a day for the past 40 days straight all the while driving 2-6 hours afterwards. I am also smart enough and mature enough to separate that, with the possible irregularities of it all and not lose any sleep over it. I can't wrap my end around people dismissing the entire thing and also acting like IC ran over their family poodle on purpose.

Calling the USADA is simply sad and pathetic over a picture that was posted on their FB page and how this would bother anyone to waste time in their day to do so.

As far as you are concerned, I have called you a troll because you are. Unless their is a reason/purpose as they directly relate to IC's endeavors that you have posted several times that he is living in the basement of his in-laws and all your other non sequiturs. Hell, many golfers in the field on the British Open this weekend are living a far from glamorous lifestyle and bunking 3-4 to a room and cashing in their FF miles to be able to travel there as they couldn't afford to otherwise and chase their dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:
TylerJ wrote:

Interesting. I think the WADA code is pretty clear here; this just fails the stupid test (reminds me of those two guys from Utah)

My pickle was pretty frosted when I first saw the IV photo for him to get ready for the HITS Kingston NY half.

I decided to get my ride/swim in today to see if it would make a difference in how I thought about it. It didn't.

I emailed the race director, Chuck Kreger, but the email bounced back, so resent to info@hitstriathlonseries.com.

Given that the IC wingman guy is listed in the results for the race, I'm planning to follow up with a phone call to HITS on monday morning, as well as a call to USADA.

contact usat so athlete is dq'ed from any rankings.... i would thing HITS is welcoming the whole crew as they can use the media

That's all for now.

So, what you're saying is, two guys who showed up late to a race start, drafted on the bike, and did the whole thing in a ridiculous costume, may get popped by USADA because they took an IV a few days prior? That's awesome!

It was the day of, but no, cheating is not okay.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Diablo243] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diablo243 wrote:
AHare wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:

That's all for now.

<hangs up phone>
"Holy shit!"
"What is it, Johnson?"

Are you for real? The IC is only about one thing, and that's the IC. The charity aspect is the means to get to his endgame, ie sponsorship. Even his own coach says this is all about him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diablo243 wrote:
but until you get off your ass and attempt a fraction of what he is doing for the reasons he is doing it and do it spot on with not a waiver in "the rules" just shut your face.
You come across as fascist.
Quote Reply
blah [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is the IV thing a big deal?
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [ltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ltri wrote:
May I use this, like often?

Sure- the guy has done some cheating.
But the amount of cheating is relatively small relative to the amount of non-cheating that he has done.
sure
Quote Reply
Re: blah [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
Why is the IV thing a big deal?

I won't get into the debate in regards to the IC situation, but technically it is an Anti doping/WADA Violation. Not just for elites but for everyone (IE you and me) unless under certain "controlled" or "approved" situations

http://www.usada.org/...ration-and-recovery/

….Basically IV's can manipulate plasma volume and mask or dilute prohibited substances,\.

Wada actually has certain policies which may temporally go above and beyond the normal code, IE the Olympics are a no needle zone….no injections of any kind unless with a TUE. For the duration of the two week competition. (from what I remember reading on the inter webs ;-)

Edit: There are also some interesting rules or grey areas with certain sports which are being tested by USADA but not under strict WADA code yet, IE MMA or "UFC" is still allowed IV's over 50ml until October 1st under a grace period agreed between USADA and UFC (IV's for making weight etc)

Maurice
Last edited by: mauricemaher: Jul 16, 15 23:00
Quote Reply
Re: blah [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
….Basically IV's can manipulate plasma volume and mask or dilute prohibited substances,\.

Wouldn't that make the IV section of the med tent at an IM a major source of doping violations? Maybe the people there are just trying to dilute their PEDs in case they get a urine test.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Jul 17, 15 6:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
owtbac86 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
owtbac86 wrote:
TylerJ wrote:

That's all for now.

Could I ask what you are hoping to accomplish by doing this?

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:

Calling out cheaters.

We go on these huge ST hunts for drafting, but these guys post a picture of them taking IV's the morning of the race, and people question why we are upset about it.

Get their results stricken from the record.

IVs
Drafting

All in one race, by two people that admitted to cheating.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
coopdog wrote:

Calling out cheaters.

We go on these huge ST hunts for drafting, but these guys post a picture of them taking IV's the morning of the race, and people question why we are upset about it.

IVs
Drafting

Ok, so you are calling out cheaters that already admitted it? Do you really think they give a crap if the results are stricken from the record of the race?

It just seems to me that USADA has some bigger fish to fry, than a few guys on a publicity stunt. I guess my priorities are all messed up.

Are you looking for a 2 year ban or something?

Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Could I ask what you are hoping to accomplish by doing this?"
-----------------------------------
No joke! (deleted rank) Oh well, we all have our priorities in life.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:
TylerJ wrote:
coopdog wrote:

Calling out cheaters.

IVs
Drafting

Ok, so you are calling out cheaters that already admitted it? Do you really think they give a crap if the results are stricken from the record of the race?

It just seems to me that USADA has some bigger fish to fry, than a few guys on a publicity stunt. I guess my priorities are all messed up.

Personally, I am not looking for anything.

I don't care either way.

I just find it ironic that we call out everyone for everything, but when these guys called it out "OMG DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:
TylerJ wrote:
coopdog wrote:

Calling out cheaters.

IVs
Drafting

A lot of people will now know taking the IV is cheating/banned, until someone actually gets sanctioned for it. If one person openly violates things, others might view the practice to be mainstream and next thing you know, lots of folks with access to medical facilities are doing the IV thing.

--------------

Putting the above topic aside, however you cut it, this guy is on the finishing straightaway of doing 15 hours of exercise per day, commuting 2-6 hours per day and traveling through 50 states in 50 days. That's just an insanely mindboggling endurance and logistics feat. I thought the logistics alone would unravel the team and the athlete very early, but they totally proved that they are encroaching super human status. Just managing the logistics of my daily workouts around work and family is the hardest part of my life. The biggest downfall of the average age grouper is something very simple. They miss workouts all the time and have a zillion excuses. This guy has zero excuses for making his daily 13-15 hour workout and on top of that, he has 2-6 hours of commuting per day. However we slice and dice the technicalities of what he did or did not do, you have to hand it to him for persistence and determination.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
coopdog wrote:
TylerJ wrote:
coopdog wrote:

Calling out cheaters.

IVs
Drafting

Personally, I am not looking for anything.

I don't care either way.

I just find it ironic that we call out everyone for everything, but when these guys called it out "OMG DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?"

Well, I didn't say that. My question was related to the end game of calling USADA, I think they DO have better things to do.

Quote Reply

Prev Next