Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is Infinit?

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
find a loop hole and set up your own aid stations on the course

This would be grounds for disqualification for taking outside assistance.

I think outside assistance is just a yellow card. I've also been told that if I'm short of water, and ride past a convenience store on the course, I can make a quick stop in there without penalty, since any athlete can do the same. I keep a $5 bill in with the spare, just in case.

Interesting.

Now that I think of it... shouldn't IM Louisville Yellow Carded all athletes who took water from the locals when they ran out at the aid stations?

Death before dishonor... Shame on you Louisville athletes (Huge sarcasm there in case you couldn't tell)
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some good comments and suggestions on here...some not so good ;). A couple of my thoughts, somewhat randomly, for what they're worth..

- Damn, but triathletes are swag-hungry bunch. lol...

- It's not a war, aim for a happy co-existence... The $100 BILLION dollar company is not scared of you. They can and will crush you like a bug, if they choose to. They shipped a case of product to everyone racing IMs this year. They've developed a product to try and go head to head with Gatorade (Pepsico), Powerade (Coca Cola) and their ilk. They're quite prepared to spend the $millions to establish and defend their existence. That said, they really, really don't care about you, and will let you be...unless you piss them off... Ben and Jerry's didnt quite work out - they're a subsidiary of Unilever now (only a $65 Billion company), having needed the capital to increase distribution to fight off, well, you know...

- how would you feel if INFINIT had the sponsorship exclusivity contract, and Nestle decided to "go really big" at your event, to make a splash...?

Take the high road. Find yourself a pretzel machine - the old fashioned kind, on wheels, that makes the gooey, chewy salty good ones. Get some mustard, both hot and not. Get your President, your head of Sales, of Marketing, and your product people to Kona. Get them nice shirts, with subdued logos on them, and have them spend the week both manning the pretzel machine and walking around, talking to everyone. I mean EVERYONE And say something like:

"Hi, I'm <insert name here>, with Infinit. Would you like a pretzel? On-course nutrition may work for alot of people, but we realize that it doesn't work for everyone. We can't give you our product here - it wouldn't be right - but we wanted to be here anyway, because we care about this sport, and about sport nutrition. If you think that YOU could benefit from our product, hit us up when you get home, and we'll be happy to send you information and a sample."

Hand them a business card with your name, rank, and website on it, ask if they want hot mustard or regular, and wish them a great race. People like to feel like they've talked to 'someone'... and everyone loves pretzels! :)
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
find a loop hole and set up your own aid stations on the course

This would be grounds for disqualification for taking outside assistance.

That's why I said to find a loop hole!

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never used your product but applaud small business owners, that's why I bought a speedfil. Get your name out there with a Booth showcasing your custom product.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the best idea in this thread, hands down. Genius.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skywriting.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [R10C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Illegal beer babe ambush advertising!!!

Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, you could do that. I like illegal beer babes better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Infinit"emblazoned in big white letters on bright red vuvuzelas!!! 17 hours of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Disclosure: I won't be at Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [Joel0135] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on this.

I think getting as many slowtwitchers testing your product and blogging / posting on it is super beneficial.

Personally, I tend to be a person, probably like many here, that is obsessive compulsive, so when I have a drink that works, even remotely well, I stick with it.

At the same time, I am a prime candidate for the product as I am a liquid only athlete and therefore need a solid product to drink on the bike / run.

As I am from Canada, I have had trouble getting a decent build of the product on the website and getting it ordered in so have yet to try it.

For this season and IMC 2010 it was Cytomax and looks like it will be for next year because I am afraid to try something new, but if enough people on here talk about it / blog about it / and a sample is available to be tested then I am up for it.

Best of Luck,

Clint

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Chrissie wins because she trains really f'ing hard and races really f'ing hard and was blessed with a huge f'ing motor" Jordan Rapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think the pretzel advice is the best you have received.....
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [triatma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
go to Church, fix your karma - you may did something wrong like forgetting to pay performance bonuses to some pros........

I don't think that would work for him.

After all he IS the church for gullible AG'ers.

Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone mentioned a blind taste test? The old Pespi/Coke blind taste test..no logos..nothing to draw attention to yourself. Just your stuff against theirs. If anyone asks I suppose you could say something but let the product speak for itself.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone mentioned a blind taste test? The old Pespi/Coke blind taste test..no logos..nothing to draw attention to yourself. Just your stuff against theirs. If anyone asks I suppose you could say something but let the product speak for itself.

The thing is, my InfinIT wont taste at all like yours. I cant drink it just sitting around, matter of fact when I first got it and tried it in the kitchen I was like "What the hell that is like sea water"....but an hour or so into a work out...tastes like heaven.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
replace the red stars with M-Dots on the tanks, put an INFINIT shirt on the guy. Do it quick and post it on forum before it gets pulled. Don't forget to just list the nutritional content of one of your formulas at the bottom. Nothing more. Speaks for itself.

nice! here is: "did you sign up for Infinit" (this time to replace red star with Infinit logo):

Hare Krishna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I am going to be representing your brand now, let me offer up a few ideas.

You need to make packet samples (single servings) available to distribute to tri clubs so people can try it. I am willing to go to the local tri clubs in my area (there are 3 large ones I can think of) to hand it out and give a 15-30 min. talk on it--why it works, how to mix it, why you are wasting your time with other products. And then we can do a raffle where the winner gets like $50 Infinit bucks. If you can get your other athletes to do this around the country, well, word of mouth is HUGE. Can also do similar things at local bike/tri shops--during the winter here in the Midwest it's a great time to get people started on Infinit when they have the time to try it out in indoor training sessions. Give me hundreds of trial packets and I will hand them out to all the people I know.

Don't limit yourself to just the tri market, although obviously it's the place to start. Pure runners should be digging on your product, too. The number of running clubs/groups is also huge, and runners LOVE the free samples.

If you can get sample packets into goodie bags at running races, that would also be HUGE.

Also if you'd be willing to build me a custom bike with your logo all over it, I'm sure I'd manage to ride it often ;)

Seriously, many tri clubs have Kona parties and then have their holiday get togethers, and if I can get on their agenda and hand out samples, what better time than when I will be able to say which athletes at Kona used Infinit and how it worked for them and of course I can relate all my personal experience. The time to get people in is when they are thinking about how to change things up for their NEXT season.

Sheila
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be the host of the 'ST' party like blue70 did last year.

have the best product and it will speak for itself.

Sponsor an athlete like Crowie who carries all his own special fluids on the run and bike ; make sure evryone knows they used your product.

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hammer nutrition rented a house on Alii Dr a few years ago and set up a nice buffet, free swag, and of course their product offerings. Had a big banner out front with a couple of cold jugs and paper cups for cyclists/runners. I would also emphasize research that shows higher carb digestion rates with "blended" carb composition than just one type. And of course the ability to put in enough sodium/electrolytes to counter the sweat rate in Kona.

And of course you could always help sponsor the ST party the week before with swag and door prizes and/or beverages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6 pages late to the responses (and confess I haven't read them all, so if it has already been suggested, I apologize in advance).

What about an "unofficial" expo, with some of the local shops/businesses? I remember Tri-sports did this at IMAZ in 2005 when I was there (not sure if they do it every year?), and it was well attended. Email blasts in the weeks leading up to the race spread the word about the location.

I have been using Infinit since the days when Michael answered the phone to take your order (not sure if he still does?), and continue to recommend it to anyone who isn't already using it. Keep up the good work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7500 views and 144 replies...brand loyalty support for free, who needs Kona...!!

Good luck though, you're products are far better than the other one IMO..
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a gold mine of ideas and information. Huge help. Gonna do something nice for the board when we announce this new program in about 7-10 days.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Getting a ton of e-mails from "industry people" with the same or similar issues. Makes you wonder what could be done if we worked together. Hmmmmmmm

I do not know if there is a Schwag bag at Kona with Sales crap for the offiical product companies, but if there is, get together with these "industry people" and take out an ad in the triathlon magazines offering say 10% off your next purchase if you mail in the ad of a competitors product that came in their schwag bag. This puts their ad $ to work for you and the other excluded companies.

While I do not dispute WTC right to do this, with nutritional products I find this repelent. Nutrition is unique to the individual, to limit the options this way puts many triathletes at a disadvantage in WTC events, as the approved product may not work for many people and carrying enough of an alternative product is a lousy substitute. JMTCW.

Doug

http://www.EpixGear.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
me thinks you should sell a kit that your customers can use to customize the official race drink to their liking.
that will give you good buisness for 10 years ;-)

Iam amazed about this thread some 135 positive responds out of 145, must be a slowtwitch record.
Quote Reply

Prev Next