Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael,

I have used your product for over 3years, it is great, from IM to casual bike ride it is the best product I have used.

Why not get an Infinit mobile...an RV or similar that you hire someone to drive to the race site and just park it close to the race.

Then hire a few good looking guys/girls to drum up some enthusiasm and direct people to the Infinit-mobile.

Or just rent a truck when you arrive @ the race site, hang some banners off it and do the same thing.

Give away bottles labeled with Infinit on it hoping people use them/carry them into the race area.

Consider sponsoring high level racers to wear and use Infinit gear so you get race day attention

A bunch of helium balloons with Infinit on them 30-40 feet over your truck will get attention

Day before race have an event at a local exclusive location that is a draw and secures attention for you...maybe a tricycle race at a winery or an egg carrying relay contest at a local restaurant or park where you capture attention.

Have every hotel in the area give away one of your single serving samples to racers...only one hotel is likely the 'official' hotel so there are lots of options

Best legs contest for cash and Infinit

The Infinit Karaoke party...

Andrew

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
don't take the low road and bash the competition. Instead, educate: Tell people about sports nutrition and hydration. Ask questions. Listen. Interact. Be a champion of the sport and of sports nutrition. People (smart people) will see you for who you are- a good guy trying to help and sell a good product that works. People will respond to that by trying your product. Once they try INFINIT the product speaks for itself.

I agree this is the right approach for ST--for example one of the things I respect Emilio for the most is that he doesn't swoop in, bashing 2xu, Sugoi, etc...instead he focuses on how his product is more well-thought out, how his design is different in these ways, etc.

For me personally I've heard of your product many times, know many people who swear by it, but don't know what differentiates you. In fact, until this thread I thought Infinit was one of Hammer Strength's products. Embarassing for me, bad for you. You should be on here for every discussion of hydration, making us relative newcomers more aware of your product and why we need it.

Right now I drink and train with whatever is on the courses for the sake of convenience. IMP is about the same as Gatoraide to me so it's what I drink. Warm, it sorta sucks but hey...it's Ironman and a warm drink is the least of my concerns. But tell my *why* Infinit is better for me to drink and I could rethink my strategy and decide it's more advantageous to haul my own drinks rather than take them from the aid stations.

Riding the Awesome Train With: Dark Horse Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard the finish area is a clusterfuck, too small crappy food etc..
The athletes must go somewhere after finishing to 'hang out'. Can you setup wherever that is?
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [saunaking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's an upstairs bar with a patio that's close enough to look out over the finish. perfect place to go after you finish to cheer on the late night crowd when the party gets going. perfect exposure for banners. i'd suggest the launch of the 'infinit recovery margarita.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this exclusion from the IM fenced area is a blessing in disguise for INFINIT. A watershed event for your company and your future. This gives you guys a chance to look REALLY different and by so doing you will be even more successful.

Another suggestion...

In 2008 at Kona there was a big Avia or K-Swiss and Scott (I believe) party/expo thing at a two-story pizza & bar place on Alii Drive. They handed out cool swag like visors, wrist-bands, etc...your basic Tijuana trash at a race. The stuff was cool and unique...not the same crap they charge you and arm and a leg for at the boring IM expo. I didn't go but I remember asking a few people who had the Avia visors where they got them and they told me that there were all kinds of cool give-aways, pros signing autographs, food and drinks at this party on Alii Drive. Parachutes, banners and floating kiosks sound really cool but most spectators and tourists in Hawaii aren't going to see that stuff. Throw a party on Alii Drive and you'll be remembered. Make it "Invitation Only" via a Twitter/FB/Email campaign. Make people sign-up before walking in the door and get their info. Get as much demographic info as you can so you can do some analysis later and follow-up campaigns.

I think this is a good thing...
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [kkoole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
go to Church, fix your karma - you may did something wrong like forgetting to pay performance bonuses to some pros........

I guess you're not going to get a reply to this post from Infinit.

definitely not the little envelope with paycheck - "experience that is what we get when we don't get what we want" - as a pro athletes we've got a lot of experiences in US )))

Hare Krishna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Michael,
I use Infinit and love it. Infinit has gotten me through two ironmen, and you profiled me in one of your newsletters. If you have a party, I would love an invite. This is my first and likely my only time to make it to Kona as I'm one of the lottery winners. I just ordered a refill to get me through Kona and got the temporary tattoo and stickers. Great idea!

-------------------------------------------------------------- Quote directed to me..."You don't have to do an ironman to prove your life is worth living..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three suggestions:
1) Shwag: any cool looking t-shirt, visor, or water bottle that looks cool, has your logo, and has Kona 2010 written on it. It makes it an instant hit. Give away 2000 shirts, visors or water bottles. Make sure the people giving them away are doing so in cool places (eg swim practice, big parties, and are smoking hot. Goal: have everyone wearing their infinit shwag during the week and once they get home.

2) Food: Find the best local food truck on the island and hire it for 3 days. Move it from spot to spot as people migrate. Make sure it is healthy food such as fresh tacos, sandwiches, etc. (whatever us triathletes love). Make sure the truck is wrapped with inifint brand and make sure the plates, food wrapping, etc. all say Infinit on it. Even better - sell the food for $2. Give the cash away to charity. And then give everyone a shirt or bottle when they get food. Goal: have the food be so good that people keep saying "remember kona 2010 and the infinit food truck, wow, that food rocked"

3) Partnerships: I assume many companies are already holding parties leading up to Kona. Offer to partner with them to co host a party and give folks free samples and water bottles.

Sell out to Nestle.

Sphincters are tightening in Glendale, CA. and Tampa Bay, FL.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I estimate the “Pucker Factor” at 140.6

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Sep 14, 10 13:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike,

I've been considering using your product and to hear that those pricks have banned you from the expo is the last straw.
I'll be placing my first order this week.

Best of luck to you.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [chris_mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PLEASE have a location where we can buy some INFINIT in Kona!
And, I would never pass on the swag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pass out underware for the underware run with your logo on it.

Rich
Fit2Tri Multisport

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the same thing they did at the Jonestown massacre, minus the deaths and the creepy cult. The phrase "Drink the kool-aid" has probably given zillions of dollars of brand equity to the Kool-Aid corporation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh how I hate monopolistic behaviour. . . .

I'm thinking of the INFINIT Blimp! Fly around KONA all day with a big-ass blimp; impossible for the cameras to miss you. Buy some promo time on NBC, etc., & show the blimp.

Good luck.

BTW, is it just me or does anyone else see the trend that started with NA Sports, and now WTC, with M-branding everything and charging ridiculous premiums just to buy shit made in China that carries M-Dot branding. Every small, mom & pop race is now hoping to become the next 70.3 or IM venue, in the hope of increasing THEIR bottom line, at the expense (pun intended) of the athletes. Someone over at WTC should realize that they're diluting the product, and sooner or later the Marginal Rate of Substitution will kick in, but I digress. . . .

HS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a laser pointer customized with the infinit logo. Light it up on the finishing arch when the winners finish.

Your in all the photos right on top of the other advertisers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some kind of 'grassroots' effort like "Let Levi Ride" that makes "the man" look ridiculous and highlights how politics and $ influence decisions by the "governing" board.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [shackmantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy:

1) Print up 500 flags that have Infinit logo and some catchy motto like "I kicked Kona's ass in 2010". Make sure the motto is bigger than the logo.
2) Set up a table right before the start of the finishers chute.
3) Have cool volunteers hand them out to people as they are running by - about to finish.
4) Have a several life size picture cutouts of people holding the flag over their head as they go through the finishers chut. This is so people will know what to do with the flags once you hand them out.

5) Watch as every single finisher's picture has your flag displayed. Plus hopefully will make it on NBC.

Infinit temporary tattoos. Litter the place with them. Kids will love them!

So many wonderful ideas. I really like the guerrilla marketing ideas (slogans, underwear, shadow expos).

I have to agree with the few folks who have posted wondering about the ROI of investing significant marketing expense at Kona versus other avenues. Part of the effort is obviously to sell more of your product, and it seems that the ripest segment of the market would be folks that don't qualify for Kona. AG'ers. MOP'ers. BOP'ers. Perhaps the ROI is better to focus on doing some of the guerilla marketing at other M-Dot races (for example IMFL) + some of the non-WTC races. I wholeheartedly agree with getting your product out to the masses via LBS for your pre-fab stuff.

Heck - why not give away a free sample to everyone who visits your site? You can clearly track and limit the quantity that you send out. Your ask could be that people blog/tweet/facebook about it. Or, there's so dang many folks who blog (myself included) - you could send samples to those folks and ask for a product review. (note: I'd be willing if you wanted to do that).

Or, forget everything I've said - go with the screenprinted underwear, hot chicks, rogue expos, and RV's. Those will probably work too. :-) And to someone else's point - go where the masses are. Airport. Practice swim. Wherever.

Best of luck!

Joel | My Blog | Team Rev3 Tri | Twitter @TriMadness
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Damn! You must scare the shit out of Nestle! Can you setup a stand in one of the host hotels? Or do like how Adidas does set your truck out side the expo.

LOL, silly isn't it?

Great ideas people. We are seriously reading each and every one.

I saw blueseventy set up a ways outside of the expo at IMCDA (Govt Way I think) and my first association was that it reminded me of someone selling bootleg concert t-shirts on the corner. Perhaps you are getting the word out more than selling actual product at the expo. Advice is be careful not to do something that makes you look bush league.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't some Dutch beer company hire some very good looking young women dressed with their logo and placed them in the stand at the world cup this year?

You should do the same and then put pics of them in the Hotties thread. INFINIT will live forever. You will be a legend that is talked about for many years to come. Place those love young ladies on the run course then send them into the stand to cheer for the midnight finishers.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
find a loop hole and set up your own aid stations on the course

This would be grounds for disqualification for taking outside assistance.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I think outside assistance is just a yellow card. I've also been told that if I'm short of water, and ride past a convenience store on the course, I can make a quick stop in there without penalty, since any athlete can do the same. I keep a $5 bill in with the spare, just in case.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT is now banned from IM Expos...need your imput [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I think outside assistance is just a yellow card. I've also been told that if I'm short of water, and ride past a convenience store on the course, I can make a quick stop in there without penalty, since any athlete can do the same. I keep a $5 bill in with the spare, just in case.

Yes you are correct. This would be a variable time penalty. Probably not good PR though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a marketing guy......the most impressive guerrilla marketing program I've seen is what the big watch manufacturers do during the big jewelry show in Las Vegas....they rent a hotel suite and trick it out like a retail showroom.....and invite clients to a private meeting away from the madness.......and spend the money on giveaways, etc......

Make your user group an elite club to aspire to.....the sheep will clamor.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next