Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
INFINIT Nutrition
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to get any thoughts on INFINIT Nutrition. After a number of long course races, I'm looking for a few new options for nutrition, specifically on the run. I have used gels primarily with some general success, but looking to test out all fluid options. Occasionally I'll fight some nausea, so getting gels down isn't always the easiest at all times.

I have created a custom batch as a test and will be testing it soon, but wanted to see if others have had success using this as the sole calorie option for either the bike or run or both in IM races.

If so, any tips on custom products or strategies for use?

How is it better or worse than any other product I may use, such as Hammer Perpetuem?

Thanks
Last edited by: jgrissom: Apr 9, 15 19:31
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT Nutrition [jgrissom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great stuff race with it personally and have a lot of athletes on it. Feel free to use "IREPinfinit" at checkout for a discount

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT Nutrition [IREPathletics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have made the switch to Infinit last year, and so far I have been really happy.

I have been using their speed formula on the bike for workouts up to 3-4 hours. I also ordered a batch of their Go Far (with a bit of protein) but I have yet to use it, however will start using it shortly as the bike workouts are getting longer and longer.

On the run, I really like the Napalm. I prefer to do a concentrated version of it and knock it back with water, as opposed to diluting the flasks--I found I wasn't getting the nutrition down on schedule.

I will eventually switch to a custom formula, however I figured I would start with a base line first before attempting to get a custom formula.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did their custom blend so it was tailored to my needs and have seen a HUGE difference during training. I'm the guy who always forgets to take a gel or eat in general so this has been a blessing. Using it for my first half IM on Sunday so we'll see how it goes.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT Nutrition [steelrain66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using Infinit for several years, and it makes nutrition for training and racing pretty simple. For longer training and racing I used concentrated bottles with up to 800 calories per bottle. When I do this I make a point of drinking water at the same time to dilute it in my stomach. I use a custom lemon-lime formula that has 125 calories per scoop - easy to do the math that way in terms of total calorie consumption.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never used INFINIT, having been satisfied with Perp, but I wouldn't use either on the run. I max out at ~100cal/hr on the run and anything but simple fuel and I'm risking GI issues, especially in the heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using a custom Infinite mix for about 3 or 4 seasons now. I REALLY like it. I create one with very little flavor, a good amount of caffeine and then some kind of carb/protein mix that I can't recall right now. It's nice to be able to have all the stuff I want in a mix but with very little sugary taste. I get sick of the sweet stuff after about 2-3 hours or so and this will keep me going long without wanting to puke.

I've done a few marathons with just that, no GU or anything, and felt completely fine. Typically I use it on long long rides, during Half or IM distance races but not USUALLY in regular training. For me, a bag of it lasts all season. I'll keep buying a new bag at the discount time each year.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to Infinit last year and have no regrets. I use a custom blend that is about 150 cal per scoop. For IM, I'll mix two ~750-800 cal bottles and go with just that and water. It mixes very well and seems to have solved the GI issues I was having with gels and solids. I dialed back the flavor (I use fruit punch) in the formula so it wasn't too strong when concentrated. I also used Infinit in a hand bottle for the run at IMFL, just less concentrated. I had a good day, nutrition plan couldn't have worked out better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using INFINIT for a couple of years now and I love it. Sooo much better than that Perpetuem stuff I was using. I have a custome bike blend and a run blend. I have done several 70.3s and one Ironman purely usisng INFINIT as fuel and it has worked like a charm. I also highly recommend the personal consultation that they offer.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
High quality & awesome for both short & long course. I'd have several mixes made to meet short/long course needs. Regardless, I suggest no matter what you use, get some Salt Stick tabs & bring them along just in case...you never know when you have a "bonk moment" & need a bailout assist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dig their stuff.

But I think it speaks volumes, at least to me, when >30% of my athletes, including some based outside the US use their stuff.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have been using Infinit for many years both training and IM racing- with zero issues. Also this is the one product I recommend to all my clients - and to date, all agree that it is wonderful.

Hope this helps

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switched to it last year after years of looking for the right solution.

I'm using the stock Go Far mix. I actually feeling stronger the deeper I get into training and races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me 3 batches to fine tune what works for me. I had to dial down the protein. Everybody is different.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT Nutrition [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I dig their stuff.

But I think it speaks volumes, at least to me, when >30% of my athletes, including some based outside the US use their stuff.

DD, do you have them include protein in your mix?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started using a custom blend about a month and 1/2 ago. I use it for all my activities where I'm going to need fuel, and I raced with it the past two weekends. So far I have had zero GI distress issues, which have been common for me on the run in the past two seasons. I couldn't be happier with their product and even ordered another batch this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been an Infinit user for some time. It works, but I guarantee you will be "sugared out" by the end of a long race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use infinit on the bike with good success. But it doesn't work as well for me on the run. Short solo runs (1-2 hours) yes but longer runs not so much because I get to fluid logged.

Also like a previous poster mentioned in long course events by the end of the bike I'm pretty sugared out from the infinit. I have the flavor dialed down all the way and it still happens.
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT Nutrition [Miamiamy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many cals/carbs are people taking during a 70.3 and/or full? also how many bottles are you putting on the bike? fuel belt for run?

i use infinit and like it but trying to figure out if i can minimize all the bottles i am carrying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use code TEAMER for 10% off anyone can use

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use Infinit but it was too sweet and after a few hours it did not sit well with me. I used a custom mix with pretty much zero flavor. I switched to a lower concentration of EFS Pro or Skratch and the problems went away. I liked the concept but just didn't work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used it in 3 Ironmans on the bike portions and had no real issues in any of them. I found getting a custom mix with a very bland taste and then super mixing it worked well for me (putting 4-5hrs nutrition in a bottle). It was a little sweet but I liked knowing that I had everything I needed within arms reach and no maintenance (versus eating solid food and dealing with wrappers). On the run I just pick up 1-2 gels per hour because I didn't want to run with a bottle/mix the powder in the middle of the run/stop at special needs.

In terms of finding the right mix, it took me a few attempts to find the 'right' balance that seems to work for me. The first mix I aimed for the lower end of calories and electrolytes. Then supplemented in training rides with energy bars and electrolyte drinks. Once I figured out my tolerances I ordered another custom mix and used that solely.

The powder lasts a long time if kept in a cool/dry place, so you could get a cold weather mix and a warm weather mix if you feel you need a different level of electrolytes for different weather conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Infinit. Once i started to mix it with Gatorade or other drinks my world got a whole lot better.
nice people that care too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes i have done multiple IM's on it. My method. Make in very high concentration, then take a gulp and drink just water. Much easier to get enough fluids in on a hot day. On the bike then I have one bottle of concentrate then just grab a water bottle per aid station. Last year and this year I will do the same on Ultra's
Quote Reply
Re: INFINIT Nutrition [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
favata1213 wrote:
How many cals/carbs are people taking during a 70.3 and/or full? also how many bottles are you putting on the bike? fuel belt for run?

i use infinit and like it but trying to figure out if i can minimize all the bottles i am carrying

I had 1 3x strength bottle on the bike to start, then had another in special needs to swap out a little over halfway; just slurped a mouthful every 10-15 min and chased w/ water from my front bottle, and only re-filled water from the on-course aid stations. Essentially same deal on the run, except instead of a full-size bike bottle I kept the concentrate in a hand flask (loathe fuel belts) and then spooged a little into a water cup to dilute at the aid stations. Also, my run mix was dialed to more simple carbs and no protein vs the bike mix.
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Apr 20, 15 15:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next