Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM wales Wheel Choice.
Quote | Reply
Hi

I am doing Ironman Wales this year and keep changing my mind on what wheels to use. I have 808s NSW and was planning to use them but i have got access to a 404

I have looked and Pros and some Top AGs in wales pictures and some are riding 808/Disc on back and 808/404 on front. I am a little worried about the wind but a lot of people ride 808s in Kona and thats very windy but I think wales is around 7000ft Elevation,

Any advice welcome.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IM wales Wheel Choice. [jon.eames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 404 front/808 rear is certainly a safe wheel choice for this race. If you're a confident bike handler and the winds are down, 808 front/rear wouldn't be a problem at all. However the weather can be hit or miss in September, so even though the weather has been good in recent years, there's a chance that it could be cold/wet with relatively high winds.

Last year I drove to the race and took two front wheels and made my final choice on race morning (ENVE 7.8's) according to the forecasted conditions. If you're flying to the race and can only take one set of wheels, I'd recommend the 404/808 for peace of mind. The roads are in mostly good condition, but I'd still recommend running wider tyres for both comfort and handling.

VALÄ’RE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: IM wales Wheel Choice. [sesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I'm driving from London so will take both and make a choice the day before
Quote Reply