Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM tune up tri
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I've lurked a lot but never posted... I'm new to tri's and my main goal is to finish my first IM here in Louisville, KY. So there's a race here in town that I've heard is a good prep for Louisville IM in October. Has anyone ever heard of it or done it? Sounds like it's a lot of the same course.

http://www.kyrace.com/...=derby-city-trifecta

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: IM tune up tri [SteveMellwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been to the race, but haven't participated. I was going to do it last year, but had a nasty bike crash the week before. I wish I could have done it because it's a total PR type of course. River swim and the bike/run are pancake flat! I've also done Ironman Louisville twice. I'd say if you are planning to do Ironman Louisville, then you should definitely do this one. It's two months before IMLOU. The swim is exactly where the IM swim is. The run is all around where transition/expo/etc is. The bike will give you a look at the beginning part of the Ironman bike course (River Road)
I know that there are always large groups of people traveling here to scout the course. It would probably be cool for them to also have a race to do if they are already making a trip in to scout and ride the course. Do the race, set an Oly PR, and then go out and ride the longer part of the IM bike course. You might want to see if one of the local groups is organizing a ride after the race. Feel free to PM me if you want to organize a ride after the Trifecta. I can probably help to get that started. Good Luck at IMLOU!

I
Quote Reply