Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Texas bike course pre ride
Quote | Reply
Hi there, anyone can tell me when is the organized pre ride of the IMTX bike course?
Usually is around mid April, one month before the race
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [ijma1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are quite a few organized group rides that ride the course. The one you are referring to no longer exists. check out http://www.southcoastendurance.com and we will be holding weekly (self supported) group rides that will be doing the course at different paces. You don't have to be a member of our club to ride with us.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for offering that up to non members Kirk. I signed up for your newsletter updates, are the rides happening now or will they be announced at a later date?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem! Our club isn't about who is coached by who or whatever. you can race our kit and be coached by somebody else or hell just come train with us and race someone else's kit. we kind of liken ourselves to the movie "Old School". hahah. We have weekly rides that leave from Swim Shops of the Southwest in the back of The Woodlands just in front of the Wal-Mart. Our group rides are always open to anyone. we roll at 7:30am every Saturday. Tomorrow is the exception as it will be 28-30 deg around then and still wet.

Kirk Noyes

Last edited by: kman74: Jan 24, 14 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool we're on the south side of Houston but are doing IMTX this year so we'd like to get a few rides in of some of the course beforehand.

Yeah this weather sucks! Luckily this is a rest week so being on the trainer tomorrow will be a little more bearable!

Old School is cool....I'm more of an Animal House type guy though....;-)

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So are you considered the god father?

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
feel free to come join us anytime on our rides. We are on Facebook as well...and don't worry we can get a little Animal House up here. haha

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [CoreyLMay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA!! that is TJ Fry that is referred to as the Godfather. I'm more of the Consigliere

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about Frank the Tank?

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha!!!! I don't drink enough to be him!! but I am known to go streaking. hahah

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks for the info. Do you usually do the full course (112 m)?
How many people usually there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CoreyLMay wrote:
So are you considered the god father?

Godfather here(ha!)...We ride key parts of the course most every weekend and progressive add to it until we ride the whole thing. Last year we skipped out during the last week before MS150 b/c the roads were too clogged. So we rode elsewhere.

Also, you want to see Frank the Tank? Join us for our post Ironman party. You'll see a few of em. Bring your green hat...

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you riding the course this saturday?
Want to show up of so
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not riding saturday but I think TJ is and I can have him post what route they will be going

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [tjfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. TJ please let me know if is there a group riding this saturday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check here: http://www.outrivalracing.com/ironman-texas/

I know coach michelle posts on here from time to time so she might be able to chime in with more information. If you search, I think there was a similar thread a few months back.

Happy training-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ijma1970 wrote:
Thanks. TJ please let me know if is there a group riding this saturday

Not quite sure at the moment. Forecast for spring, tx shows 34 and magnolia, tx is showing 27 degrees (out where we ride). I'm sure there are plenty of people who can ride in that temp no problem, but I'm not one of em. I'll be keeping any eye on the weather today. We post on fb whether the ride is on or not, so go to south coast endurance on fb and you'll get more updates.

TJ

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a really cool indoor cycling facility, VR Cycling Studio, located just outside of The Woodlands on the IMTX bike course that offers real course videos, Sufferfest videos, and other cool throwback videos from triathlon and cycling. Steve and Barbara who run it are wonderful people -- and Steve, in addition to his being a former pro cyclist is an excellent resource for anyone beginners to pros who are looking for a killer workout.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! We are from Waco and I have a few athletes doing Texas this year. They would be pretty interested in making a trip down to ride the course and do some socializing with another club. Anyway we can "pencil in a date" to make it a big group ride? all the slowtwitchers could be invited!

We could say April 26th (weather permitting)...and if it doesnt happen, then shoot again for next year

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rattlesnake wrote:
Hey! We are from Waco and I have a few athletes doing Texas this year. They would be pretty interested in making a trip down to ride the course and do some socializing with another club. Anyway we can "pencil in a date" to make it a big group ride? all the slowtwitchers could be invited!

We could say April 26th (weather permitting)...and if it doesnt happen, then shoot again for next year

Once we thaw out you'll find that the group rides will consistently grow with locals and out of towners alike, so any of the weekends should work given good weather. The date you mention though conflicts with other local events so you'll probably not find too many riding that morning.

TJ

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool. ill keep track through here and facebook and we can try and make it down a weekend.

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [larsfinanger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
larsfinanger wrote:
There is a really cool indoor cycling facility, VR Cycling Studio, located just outside of The Woodlands on the IMTX bike course that offers real course videos, Sufferfest videos, and other cool throwback videos from triathlon and cycling. Steve and Barbara who run it are wonderful people -- and Steve, in addition to his being a former pro cyclist is an excellent resource for anyone beginners to pros who are looking for a killer workout.

Another great option...I think VR Cycling Studio is on mile 98 of the bike course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is an open ride this weekend (Feb. 22). Details here:

http://www.outrivalracing.com/...nman-texas-open-ride

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great!!!!
Thanks for the info
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas bike course pre ride [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quo Vadimus wrote:
There is an open ride this weekend (Feb. 22). Details here:

http://www.outrivalracing.com/...nman-texas-open-ride

Is there going to be one the following w/e and / or any on the Galveston route?
Quote Reply

Prev Next