Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Roth + Frankfurt weekend: Kienle "racing" to Jan "zone" time (50/4:02/2:45)
Quote | Reply
No thread to get excited about the duelling race organizations who can't back down from each other and nothing about the drag racing mid summer in Germany? Lang and Kienle need to validate to get to Kona in Frankfurt. Ryf record at Roth? Any news on her form? Can Terrenzo take Roth?

Timothy has a good summary:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...er_preview_6435.html

Roth live on Sunday:

http://www.challenge-roth.com/cockpit/index.html

You know where to go for Frankfurt live, so let's get the airing of the grievances out of the way on how little WTC spends on coverage now, because we know it is going to be near minimal.

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 9, 17 5:49
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm boycotting because Peter Sagan is not racing..
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felix shoud invite Sagan into the Roth relay and kick out the sandbagger Simon Whitfield and insert him in between McNeice and Wellington. That team then goes 7:20 hours (45+3:50+2:45)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like it going to be hot tomorrow as well, here just a bit further south it's been close to 100F (35C) and quite windy, so I would not expect any records.

Ryf was 4 weeks ago 15 min off her normal pace in IM 70.3 Rapperswil due to having to take off some time to let a back injury heal. So I wouldnt expect any records on that front either, although she says last weeks have been good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of next year there're on different weekends - Roth switching to early July. About time really, although Roths numbers aren't affected. Media no doubts is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Felix shoud invite Sagan into the Roth relay and kick out the sandbagger Simon Whitfield and insert him in between McNeice and Wellington. That team then goes 7:20 hours (45+3:50+2:45)

I like this idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested to see how Kienle and Lange square up. I'm guessing Sebi is out of the water with a 2 minute advantage and picks up another 2-3 on the bike which should set the two of them up for a very exciting run.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm interested to see how Kienle and Lange square up. I'm guessing Sebi is out of the water with a 2 minute advantage and picks up another 2-3 on the bike which should set the two of them up for a very exciting run.

Lange out swam Sebastian by ~ 3 minutes at Kona last year so rather than having a lead at T-1 he'll probably be playing catch up for a while on the bike.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing Sebi is out of the water with a 2 minute advantage and picks up another 2-3 on the bike which should set the two of them up for a very exciting run. //

I think you got that backwards, Sebi will have to spend 1/3 to 1/2 the ride to just catch, then the rest of the race getting a large enough buffer to beat a guy that could run mid 2;30's, so 5 to 10 minutes to be in contention and safe I would say..
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I'm guessing Sebi is out of the water with a 2 minute advantage and picks up another 2-3 on the bike which should set the two of them up for a very exciting run. //

I think you got that backwards, Sebi will have to spend 1/3 to 1/2 the ride to just catch, then the rest of the race getting a large enough buffer to beat a guy that could run mid 2;30's, so 5 to 10 minutes to be in contention and safe I would say..

I think Kienle closed the gap on Lang in <40K and he's going to gun the bike and try to pad his T2 lead on Lang. Sebi would need >5 min on Lang at T2 in my opinion.

So did anyone fly Sagan in for the Roth relay team yet?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Lange out swam Sebastian by ~ 3 minutes at Kona last year so rather than having a lead at T-1 he'll probably be playing catch up for a while on the bike.

Hugh

I had that backwards in my mind! Should be a great race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
You know where to go for Frankfurt live

Livestream should be here tomorrow:

http://hessenschau.de/tv-sendung/index.html

Finish line coverage only on Ironman.com???? Oh, man ...

With Patrik Nilsson and Josh Amberger in the mix with Patrick Lange, there could be a nice group on the bike making Sebi Kienle's day difficult. I don't think Lange is in the shape to win, but Nilsson could be dangerous.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

With Patrik Nilsson and Josh Amberger in the mix with Patrick Lange, there could be a nice group on the bike making Sebi Kienle's day difficult. I don't think Lange is in the shape to win, but Nilsson could be dangerous.

WTF? When did Josh Amberger get on the start list at Frankfurt? Did he just join the Petr Vanbrousek IM plan????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
liking the new leaderboard on the Ironman website:

http://ironman-results.r.mikatiming.de/2017/frankfurt/?pid=leaderboard

Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Looking like Kienle's having a great day and putting time into everyone now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The WTC coverage of Frankfurt actually seems pretty good:

http://m.ironman.com/...ermany&year=2017
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is decent coverage....crowley running lucy down, wonder how anja is tracking. Big fan of anja, terrific person in the real, did some local sprint races when she came to australia and blew us all apart haha
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard them mention the bike was only 177k. Was this planned, or did they need to shorten the course? IM doesn't seem to usually acknowledge when their courses are short.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
The WTC coverage of Frankfurt actually seems pretty good:

http://m.ironman.com/...ermany&year=2017

Agreed. Coverage was very good all the way around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Great run by Nilsson, 2:40:58 in 35° heat. He's gonna do amazing in Kona!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had to shorten the bike course due to some unavoidable road works. Not sure if it came too late for them to change the course.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get ready for Kona kids....the race is on:

Sebastian Kienle's splits: 50:11 swim / 4:02:22 bike / 2:45:09 run
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt: Timo Bracht retirement, Lange vs Kienle, Ryf record? [Barlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barlow wrote:
They had to shorten the bike course due to some unavoidable road works. Not sure if it came too late for them to change the course.

With 6 people sub 8 it feels like the course was short. Even Sebi riding 4:02 seems fast for him...but its probably more legit than Tim Don's moto assist at brazil which virtually shortens the course for one man:

Roth results. I thought Terrenzo would be faster. Ryf was 8:10 at 36K, so seems in line for a sub 8:40 today:

1Aernouts, Bart (BEL)07:59:072Dr. Skipper, Joe (GBR)08:03:003Clavel, Maurice (GER)08:04:534Bracht, Timo (GER)08:07:015Bozzone, Terenzo (NZL)08:11:346Kahlefeldt, Brad (AUS)08:12:557Allan, Dougal (NZL)08:14:438Deisenhofer, Roman (GER)08:16:29
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt weekend: Kienle "racing" to Jan "zone" time (50/4:02/2:45) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dont think i have ever seen cheerleaders do a structured little jig along the finish line for the winner before....if i put my old man hat on for a minute, i think it looks ridiculous. Is ours a sport where the winner is greeted by a conga line of lasses with pom poms doing a choreographed hip shuffle? Get off my lawn.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Roth + Frankfurt weekend: Kienle "racing" to Jan "zone" time (50/4:02/2:45) [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
dont think i have ever seen cheerleaders do a structured little jig along the finish line for the winner before....if i put my old man hat on for a minute, i think it looks ridiculous. Is ours a sport where the winner is greeted by a conga line of lasses with pom poms doing a choreographed hip shuffle? Get off my lawn.

Really? I rather enjoyed it. I will be looking for it at my next race when I toodle in at 10-11 hours......

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next