Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM NC 2017 Dates
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Any news on IM NC 2017 dates? In the initial thread there was talk of the 1/2 and full being changed to different dates in the future. Searched the IM site and this forum did not see anything. Any info on dates appreciated.

Thank You,
Greg
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back when it was still B2B, the 2017 date was listed as October 21st. I'm assuming that's the Saturday with the most agreeable tide. Who knows that WTC will do with it though.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [jmkizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmkizer wrote:
Back when it was still B2B, the 2017 date was listed as October 21st. I'm assuming that's the Saturday with the most agreeable tide. Who knows that WTC will do with it though.

For 10/21/17...
Low tide 0.2 ft at 0332
High tide 4.6 ft at 0942

Looks good for the full, but fading for the half.

10/14 and 10/28 both have outgoing tides in that part of the morning. If it's not the 21st, they're even dumber than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still no dates for 2017 and there is not going to be on site registration for 2017 at this years race. Wonder what the hold up is...

1. Splitting the 70.3 and IM to different days?
2. Moving to a different month? maybe spring?
3. Not having a 2017 race?

Erik
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [erikg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erikg wrote:
Still no dates for 2017 and there is not going to be on site registration for 2017 at this years race. Wonder what the hold up is...

After having spent as much money as they did to acquire the race, no 2017 race wouldn't make sense. I assume #1 & #2 both apply. And I would expect WTC to move the 70.3 to early September. That would put the half in the 6-8 week window that most people follow when racing a half before a full. But, it would also put pressure on the White Lake Fall Half by Set Up Events.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't this thread specifically about the 70.3?

Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
erikg wrote:

After having spent as much money as they did to acquire the race, no 2017 race wouldn't make sense. I assume #1 & #2 both apply. And I would expect WTC to move the 70.3 to early September. That would put the half in the 6-8 week window that most people follow when racing a half before a full. But, it would also put pressure on the White Lake Fall Half by Set Up Events.

Which makes it all the more likely... killing another local race. And I'm planning on doing IMNC next year and was contemplating doing White Lake as a tune up.
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
erikg wrote:

Which makes it all the more likely... killing another local race.

Yep. Pretty much my point.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to come up to North Carolina from Florida to volunteer specifically to sign up the next morning. I guess there is no need to do that? That is pretty frustrating.
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [nocolonstlrolln] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nocolonstlrolln wrote:
I was going to come up to North Carolina from Florida to volunteer specifically to sign up the next morning. I guess there is no need to do that? That is pretty frustrating.

Try contacting WTC about this. If you are specifically talking about the 140.6, it seems that they have a firm date (October 21) for 2017. It seems like not having on site registration would be a missed opportunity for them. I know it is not on the weekend schedule, but may be an oversight. I would contact them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
erikg wrote:

Early September is guaranteed non-wetsuit, and usually still pretty nasty heat and humidity. Maximum risk for tropical weather, maximum risk for jellyfish. It's got stupid written all over it. #FWTC
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SusanH wrote:
http://ironmanfoundation.org/programs/team-imf/

So based on that you guys would expect 2017 to open up right after the race this weekend right?
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure. Lots of rumors floating around out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Following this too.

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any updates on 2017 registration yet?
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [NU_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the IM captains told me Oct 21 for the full but I have not seen anything official either. She said she didn't know about the 70.3.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not looking so good. Might be time for plan B.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like there may be some truth to the rumors of a date change. If there wasn't going to be a full distance, why change the date to "TBD". Why wouldn't they just remove the race from the list?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree, not sure why the delay? If the date was firm they would have announced, open registration and collecting money. Possibly semi related for IM MD they are not indicating how many KQ spots.

Hope to get some clarity soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rockfish wrote:
If the date was firm....
Quote:

Well, that's the entire point. Apparently, the date is not firm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
rockfish wrote:
If the date was firm....
Quote:

Well, that's the entire point. Apparently, the date is not firm.

since officials are still dealing with the effects of Hurricane Mat, I wonder if they just haven't had a chance to work with WTC to set dates.

I'd welcome an early season IM and late season HIM there.

As we discussed in the other thread, there's probably interest in an early season 140.6. I know I'd consider it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM NC 2017 Dates [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the date was previously published as Oct 21 2017 and i received and email from IM indicating that date as well. Having it posted as TBD, could indicate the race may be in question. Of course I may be reading too much into that as well :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How smart is it to ditch a race that sells out?
Quote Reply

Prev Next