Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Mont Tremblant August 2016
Quote | Reply
Hopefully no too early for this. Thought I would start a thread for the event, hopefully I get to learn more as IMMT will be my first Ironman event.

I had a look at the numbers and it looks like around 2300 have registered for IMMT. I'm still trying to figure out my gearing, hoping to find a solution to make it a little easier for me on the bike.

Please feel free to share any information on your preparations, interesting stories on past events at MT etc.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [TOSaffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did IMMT for the past 2 years. Weather can be a little unpredictable: 2014 it was cold and rained a little, 2015 was foggy, then hot & humid. The bike is pretty challenging at the end of each loop(Chemin Duplessis), so make sure you have trained on steep hills. the rest of the course is rolling. Watch out for headwind on the highway on the 2nd loop. I used a 50/34 with 11-28 cassette for extra gearing. The run is rolling hills. It is a great venue for family. My hotel was in the village and had a balcony overseeing the finish line. Enjoy the journey!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I was having a look earlier today to see if i could find a mont tremblant workout on trainer road. I found one for the Windows app but still need to see if you can get it onto an iOS device.

I will most likely make the gear change you mentioned. Just so much to buy and my list is growing. We will most likely stay outside of the resort, hoping to be there a few days before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would highly recommend getting there a bit early enough to the Chemin Duplessis a couple of times. I did, and I think it really helped me with pacing. Like others have said, the way it comes at the very end of the loops makes it challenging, especially the second time.

Spot

Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Lifestyle/Ironman_Mt_Tremblant_guide_3818.html

Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, I've read it a few times. Great information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone compare the course to Lake Placid in terms of difficulty. I rode the course at LP for the first time (for fun/recon) last year and thought the last 17 miles were tough, and a bit deceptive. Did one loop in 3hr 10 min and felt totally toasted...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you find the workout on the windows app - I am having no luck

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went up last spring to train the course and wrote this. There is a section called 'How do I choose my casette' which will probably help you with the gearing: https://tiredlegsemptymind.wordpress.com/...nt-tremblant-course/
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found this, not sure if you can change the FTP though. Hope it helps:

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1077796-mont-tremblant-half

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the ErgVideo website for their IMMT product that can be used with a Computrainer if you have one
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [Bubblehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bubblehead wrote:
Can anyone compare the course to Lake Placid in terms of difficulty. I rode the course at LP for the first time (for fun/recon) last year and thought the last 17 miles were tough, and a bit deceptive. Did one loop in 3hr 10 min and felt totally toasted...

We had a good thread going on this a few months back: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5663105

If that link doesn't work then search "IMMT vs IMLP: Which is faster?"

Quick answer: For M45-49, IMMT is faster than IMLP by 30m:31s. Swim is the same, bike is -21:03, run is -11:20. Keep in mind this is only for men 45-49.
Longer answer: See https://docs.google.com/.../edit#gid=1709770142
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TOSaffa wrote:
Hopefully no too early for this. Thought I would start a thread for the event, hopefully I get to learn more as IMMT will be my first Ironman event.

I had a look at the numbers and it looks like around 2300 have registered for IMMT. I'm still trying to figure out my gearing, hoping to find a solution to make it a little easier for me on the bike.

Please feel free to share any information on your preparations, interesting stories on past events at MT etc.

This will be my first Ironman too! Been training quite a bit over the winter and now going to start to pick it up. I like the swim for this course. Not to much turning and seems pretty fast.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [karlh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My training was a little disrupted by a cracked rib. On week 5 of the 30 week plan now and hours are picking up quite a bit. Doing the Muskoka 70.3 in July which I am hoping will help me with the nutrition plan and general experience. Apparently the water at MT is crystal clear, should be a good swim.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [karlh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karlh wrote:
TOSaffa wrote:

This will be my first Ironman too! Been training quite a bit over the winter and now going to start to pick it up. I like the swim for this course. Not to much turning and seems pretty fast.

The swim is awesome. One loop, and there was very little of the normal IM swim thrash due to the wave start. The water is clear and cool, and the scenery around the lake is gorgeous. I PR'ed the swim at age 50 there.

Spot

Quote | Reply
I did the 70.3 in 2014. You might find the race report useful in getting your bearings a bit...
http://must-be-half-crazy.blogspot.ca/...ronman-703-mont.html

I did notice in Lava magazine this month, they list all the Ironman races from "hardest" to "easiest" (can't remember what criteria they used). Tremblant was second-hardest. ;) But hey, the course is gorgeous and the resort is top-notch. It's going to be great! As long as you don't use an 11-23 cassette on your bike, like I did. That was a bad choice. :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am signed up for IMMT 2016 as well, I am going with a 11-28/52-36 setup on my Cervelo P2, also just ordered a stages power meter and have a new set of HED Jet 6/9 setup.

I am about 2 months into training but fractured my rib a month ago, so have been limited to bike/runs only (for another 3 more weeks at least).

How is everyone's training like? Im trying to log at least 15 hours/week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit off topic, but I'm a single dude racing IMMT looking for a room to rent or a pull out couch to sleep on, if anyone has extra space in their rental and wants to defray costs, please PM me. Alternatively, if someone has yet to obtain lodging and wants to go in on a place, also feel free to PM me
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am planning the "exact" same setup on my P2. Also glad to see that I am not the only sidetracked with IMMT training. I had minor hernia surgery 12 days ago and have been limited to uphill walking on the treadmill. Hope to get the all clear this coming Monday to ramp things back up but I am freaked not knowing how much fitness I lost in two weeks
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant August 2016 [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loosegroove wrote:
I am planning the "exact" same setup on my P2. Also glad to see that I am not the only sidetracked with IMMT training. I had minor hernia surgery 12 days ago and have been limited to uphill walking on the treadmill. Hope to get the all clear this coming Monday to ramp things back up but I am freaked not knowing how much fitness I lost in two weeks

I hear ya, my rib fracture issue kept me out for about 3 days LOL. 600mg of ibuprofen did the trick. I was back on the trainer doing light work and was running about 2 weeks later. Just keep up with your cardio/fat burning sessions. I am about another 3 weeks from going back to the pool and can only wonder how much my technique/form will have suffered.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant 2016 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its race week! Who's going this year? Looks like some possible thunderstorms on race day, but lets hope for some overcast skies and mid 70s.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant 2016 [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. First IM since 2012. Solid build-up, until a bike wreck 8 days ago. Now I'm just reading about Chrissie Wellington's post-bike wreck Kona in 2011. Worked out ok for her, right?

Best of luck, everyone. Hope to see some Slowtwitchers in MT.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant 2016 [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in M40-44.

Keeping an eye on the weather forecast too. The last week, it's fluctuated from overcast, to 90% POP, to 40% POP with the daily high in the 30's(Celsius)....it could change another 5x before Sunday. Good race everyone, see you there.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant 2016 [chbelair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, M40-44 as well (unlikely to be a threat to anyone!! :)).

Will be my third IM there. Hoping for cooler weather than last year!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant 2016 [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there too, F35-39. Not liking the forecast, but hopefully that will change. I can deal with rain, but thunderstorms make me nervous...
Quote Reply

Prev Next