Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Maryland (Old Chesapeake Man) How'd Your Family Spend the Day?
Quote | Reply
Any info on what the family can do while I'm out dominating the course?

Easy to get around town? Parks near by?

Any information would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland (Old Chesapeake Man) How'd Your Family Spend the Day? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The main street area is pretty cool restaurants, shops, and I believe they have a brew pub for some after race refreshments.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland (Old Chesapeake Man) How'd Your Family Spend the Day? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Cambridge was easy to get around in years past, wouldn't count on it being so this year though.

The host hotel has two pools, a kids game room and a beach area (may have jellyfish). The host hotel has a day spa as well.

Even if you aren't staying there, I'd call and see if you work something out to be able to use the pool / pools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

The Ironman MD Facebook page just posted a "what to do in" link from the local area with a schedule of various events going on during the whole week.

http://visitdorchester.org/ironmanmd/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman races are horrible for the non athlete and since we live in VA Beach only three hours away I am having the family show up mid bike, alleviates stress on me the night before and I can get a peaceful night of sleep without them watching TV and they are not wondering around for countless hours. Got to be careful two bored women wondering around shops with a credit card can get expensive.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

I'd suggest heading to the Hyatt. They have 3 pools, a beach, boat/kayak rentals, mini golf and as far as I remember they don't check to see if you're a registered guest.
Quote Reply