Prev Next
IM Louisville Training Camps???
Quote | Reply
anyone know of any happening?
Last edited by: cpotter88: Apr 23, 14 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [cpotter88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a group that does a swim/bike on the course on Saturday and a run on the course on Sunday once a month. You pay like $10 for a fully sagged ride and maybe like $5 for a fully sagged run. It is a great group and well supported.

I did it in 2011, but I know they were doing them last year. Check out the Facebook page.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cpotter88 wrote:
anyone know of any happening?

Look at the IM Louisville group on iamtri.com. As the OP pointed out, this is the group that meets and does multiple organized rides/runs throughout the summer. Of the few times I have joined this group training, there were probably 60+ people who show up for the bike part. No other IM, I know of, does such a good job organizing multiple training opportunities as this.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where on Facebook?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for a group ride or an actual camp? We are running a camp in Louisville from June 12 through June 15th. Visit the link for all of the details and feel free to PM me with any questions.

http://www.active.com/...elite-team-camp-2014
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try this:

http://iamtri.com/group/ironman-louisville-2013

IRONMAN LOUISVILLE 2013 IAMTRI GROUP TRAINING DATES/WEEKENDS

SATURDAY, APRIL 20 36/45/60/80 mile group ride options
SATURDAY, MAY 11 36/45/60/80 mile group ride options
SATURDAY, JUNE 29 Group swim and 60/80/112 mile group ride options
SATURDAY, JULY 6-SUNDAY, JULY 7 WEEKEND TRAINING, Group swim and 60/80/112 mile ride options on Saturday plus Sunday 8am 9-13 mile run
SATURDAY, JULY 27-SUNDAY, JULY 28 WEEKEND TRAINING, Group swim and 60/80/112 mile ride options on Saturday plus Sunday 8am 9-13 mile run
SATURDAY, AUGUST 3-SUNDAY, AUGUST 4 WEEKEND TRAINING, Group swim and 60/80/112 mile ride options on Saturday plus Sunday 8am 9-13 mile run

*swim sessions are 400-500m "out and backs" in channel behind Towhead Island from 8-9am; kayakers are provided for safety of swimmers

MEETING LOCATION; Yellow Lot on River Road which is 1/8 mile east of Tumbleweed's Restaurant (1201 River Road, Louisville, KY 40602) IMKY swim start is at Tumbleweeds.
AID PROVIDED: 7 aid stops are provided along the 112 mile route serving water,/Gatorade, Inf Hammer Nutrition, ice, bananas, oranges, energy bars, bagels, peanut butter (Sunscreen and other basic first aid supplies provided); SAG vehicle also available
HOTEL INFORMATION: We are working on getting some group discounts at area hotels for the training ride dates; More information on hotels to follow.
COST: $5 for swims; $10 for rides; $20 for full weekend trainings (swim/bike/long run); Partial proceeds donated to charity (Pay when you sign in at the Yellow Lot)
RSVP: Please RSVP (with number in your group) in the GROUP TRAINING DATES discussion below
GROUP RIDE REMINDERS: Follow all traffic laws/signs, ride single file, use appropriate signalling, no littering the course, do not stop on private property, support the local merchants along the route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 on I Am Tri-Louisville!!! Great group and training dates are top notch!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the replies! Definitely gives us some options....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will also be looking into these options , as i was planning to make a trip out to Louisville to train on the course prior to raceday. I was there this past year to cheer on a buddy in the race, but i was also drinking and am afraid that my memory might not be as precise as id like to think!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [kawessel2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you remember being hot? if so, you are spot on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I DO remember it being quite hot, hence the 30 pack out on the side of the road of the bike route. Gotta stay hydrated! We also took shelter from the heat in this gem of a restaurant and to grab lunch. The name is all you need to know about the amount of food you will get. Anyone going to Louisville needs to check this place out!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by hutchsigmachi [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
try this:

http://iamtri.com/group/ironman-louisville-2013

IRONMAN LOUISVILLE 2013 IAMTRI GROUP TRAINING DATES/WEEKENDS

SATURDAY, APRIL 20 36/45/60/80 mile group ride options
SATURDAY, MAY 11 36/45/60/80 mile group ride options
SATURDAY, JUNE 29 Group swim and 60/80/112 mile group ride options
SATURDAY, JULY 6-SUNDAY, JULY 7 WEEKEND TRAINING, Group swim and 60/80/112 mile ride options on Saturday plus Sunday 8am 9-13 mile run
SATURDAY, JULY 27-SUNDAY, JULY 28 WEEKEND TRAINING, Group swim and 60/80/112 mile ride options on Saturday plus Sunday 8am 9-13 mile run
SATURDAY, AUGUST 3-SUNDAY, AUGUST 4 WEEKEND TRAINING, Group swim and 60/80/112 mile ride options on Saturday plus Sunday 8am 9-13 mile run

*swim sessions are 400-500m "out and backs" in channel behind Towhead Island from 8-9am; kayakers are provided for safety of swimmers

MEETING LOCATION; Yellow Lot on River Road which is 1/8 mile east of Tumbleweed's Restaurant (1201 River Road, Louisville, KY 40602) IMKY swim start is at Tumbleweeds.
AID PROVIDED: 7 aid stops are provided along the 112 mile route serving water,/Gatorade, Inf Hammer Nutrition, ice, bananas, oranges, energy bars, bagels, peanut butter (Sunscreen and other basic first aid supplies provided); SAG vehicle also available
HOTEL INFORMATION: We are working on getting some group discounts at area hotels for the training ride dates; More information on hotels to follow.
COST: $5 for swims; $10 for rides; $20 for full weekend trainings (swim/bike/long run); Partial proceeds donated to charity (Pay when you sign in at the Yellow Lot)
RSVP: Please RSVP (with number in your group) in the GROUP TRAINING DATES discussion below
GROUP RIDE REMINDERS: Follow all traffic laws/signs, ride single file, use appropriate signalling, no littering the course, do not stop on private property, support the local merchants along the route.

Yea, but don't use these dates...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [kawessel2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are looking for a Louisville training camp, look no further. This camp will be led by 3 Professional triathletes, be completely supported with SAG, train on the Ironman Louisville course, provide top level coaching, meals, nutrition, swag, industry experts as guests, prizes, etc and is fully licensed and insured through USA Triathlon.

Here is the Active.com link: http://www.active.com/...elite-team-camp-2014

Check out our Facebook page and the Facebook event to see additional details.

Thanks and take care,
Chris Hutchens
Team Director
Web: MaverickMultisport.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/MaverickMultisport
Twitter: @MavMulti
YouTube: MaverickMultisportTV
Instagram: @MaverickMultisport

Please use our Maverick Team DISCOUNTS!

InfinitNutrition.us, use code: Maverick for 10% off all regular priced items.

CobbCycling.com, use code: MavBoss for 5% off your purchase and free shipping.
PrimalSportMud.com, use code: maverickprimal14 for 40% discount (limit one use).

Facebook: Facebook.com/MaverickMultisport -- Twitter: @MavMulti YouTube: MaverickMultisportTV -- Instagram: @MaverickMultisport
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [hutchsigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$650 PLUS hotel?

lol

No thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
$650 PLUS hotel?

lol

No thanks.

THIS!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TylerJ,
A specific question was asked about Louisville camps if I recall...

You must think that caterers don't charge for food, insurance is free, SAG vehicles don't require gas anymore, pools and other facilities don't charge usage fees, USAT sanctioning falls from the clouds, professional athletes do camps pro bono and foot the bill for their own travel, that Active.com is free, mechanics don't like money, websites just magically appear, marketing ads run on pixy dust, should I keep going... Keep your money big guy.

If anyone else is interested, we'd love to have you join us in the Bluegrass in June!

PrimalSportMud.com, use code: maverickprimal14 for 40% discount (limit one use).

Facebook: Facebook.com/MaverickMultisport -- Twitter: @MavMulti YouTube: MaverickMultisportTV -- Instagram: @MaverickMultisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a little heads up, the guy over at iamtri puts on a great 2 day weekend:

Swim in the river where the actual IMKY course is
Bike THE ENTIRE BIKE COURSE

Sunday is a run.

It's $20

He's the nicest guy you could ask for, and it comes with insurance, SAG vehicle..

Also, he's not a fucking asshole to people.

But good luck on your bullshit 4 day "camp"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
Just a little heads up, the guy over at iamtri puts on a great 2 day weekend:

Swim in the river where the actual IMKY course is
Bike THE ENTIRE BIKE COURSE

Sunday is a run.

It's $20

He's the nicest guy you could ask for, and it comes with insurance, SAG vehicle..

Also, he's not a fucking asshole to people.

But good luck on your bullshit 4 day "camp"

THIS AGAIN!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
$650 PLUS hotel?

lol

No thanks.

Plus, Active sucks

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TylerJ,

Yeah, I know Bob Baney who runs the IamTri group quite well. He lives just down the road and in fact did a great job promoting our camp for us in the Lexington KY area. I would encourage anyone to use Bob's services. It however is a totally different scenario, you're comparing apples and oranges. I love Bob and his group to death but since you want to compare, here is kind of how it plays out:

4 day camp (3 workouts per day, 12 total) VS a short weekend outing (maybe 3 workouts all weekend)
3 pro triathletes leading workouts VS 0 pros coaching you
4 catered meals VS 0 catered meals
Lots of great swag including free swiftwick socks, a $200 cobb saddle up for grabs, primal sport mud, t-shirt, swim cap, 110% play harder gear, vittoria tires/tubes VS no swag that I no of
4 full days of Infinit Nutrition for training and recovery with a talk from their lead nutritionist VS no nutrition info or formulation questions
Free massage and ART work VS no body maintenance
Division 1 National Champion swimmer coaching you on deck VS no stroke mechanic work
Yoga class taught by licensed instructor and Ironman athlete vs no extra recovery techniques or supplementation

There is value in both, it just depends what you're looking for, your time available and what your goals are.

All the best and take care,
Chris Hutchens
Team Director

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and there is a discount code on our Facebook page for 10% off (a $60 savings)... Just an FYI...

All the best and take care,
Chris Hutchens
Team Director

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville Training Camps??? [Tri_Geek_40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Derby week here in Louisville and we're getting in the spirit by slashing the price on our 4 day training camp to celebrate! Sign up for all 4 days for only $449! 3 Pro triathletes, 4 catered lunches, unlimited Infinit nutrition, SAG support, great swag, giveaway items, massage/ART work, yoga, industry expert speakers, national champion swim coach, free outing to Louisville Slugger...TOO MUCH TO LIST! Join us!http://www.active.com/...elite-team-camp-2014

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im not sure about TylerJ, but I'm guessing hes gonna agree with me on this one and say "No Thanks". Everything your group provides sounds awesome, however i cannot justify paying that kinda money for a camp.....no matter who is in charge of it and how much "swag" i could possibly win. For me , and I'm guessing for a large number of people in our boat, there is not enough of a return on that kind of price for it to be justified. In my opinion , a 4 day camp with any "pro" would not make me a better triathlete. You can blast me all you want with reasoning why its beneficial but the fact of the matter is that they will not be racing at my hip whispering tactics in my ear for the race. Ive always been a lone wolf in my training and feel that is the way it should be for ME. When comparing your camp with the camp hosted by Bob, price is my deciding factor as i am currently a grad student in an Ex Phys program and trying to "ball on a budget". I also love the atmosphere of his group, and feel it would be an all around great experience for ME.....and not a dick measuring contest such as your camp with the rich assholes who think they can buy their way to the finish line.

With that all being said, UNLESS someone is rich as shit, or looking to KQ at Louisville..... i just cant see anyone justifying the price of your camp when there is a perfectly established training group such as Bob's for a SMALL fraction of the price. Call me cheap but i would rather use that small fortune to pay for other races. Please remember that im a "broke grad student" before blasting me for this haha
Quote Reply

Prev Next