Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Germany 2015
Quote | Reply
School me on where to stay? I'm taking the family so I need to house 2 adults and two kids. European hotels seem to only accommodate 3 people not four so would I have to get two rooms? Any and all suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: IM Germany 2015 [Mav2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would get 2 rooms. Having done IM Germany, 2 other Euro IMs, and traveling extensively throughout Europe, I will tell you that their rooms are very small. Even if it says that it can fit 4, I would get 2 rooms, if you were coming from the American hotel viewpoints. I had a room for 2 at each of my Euro IMs and could barely fit my bike box in it with the humans :)

Quote | Reply
Sad but true. However, after pricing two rooms on my own, I would get quotes from Endurance Sports Travel and Nirvana Europe to see if they had any rooms for 4 and how the overall pricing compared.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just use airbnb, or search for ferienwohnung (vacation apartment).
If I'm staying in one place for more than 2 days anywhere in Europe, I usually rent an apartment.
It's a bit cheaper, and you can cook your own meals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Find a short-term apartment. That's my rule to triathlons everywhere: You get to cook your own meal, at your own schedule, and it's often cheaper if you're with the family. No threat of some tools or parts "disappearing" either.

In Frankfurt, a hotel pool isn't even that important - the former Olympic venue is very cheap and an amazing outdoor pool. Ozone-filtering means you don't even stink of chlorine afterwards.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: IM Germany 2015 [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eh? What are these Frankfurt Olympics of which you speak?

There are multiple outdoor pools though. Brentanobad is my particular favourite - swimmable length of 125 metres.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: IM Germany 2015 [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno, I was always told by my grandparents that the Freibad Stadion was used for the trials or qualifiers in one of the Olympics. It's a great pool nevertheless...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We used this place last year and will be going back again in 2015 ,my 4th Frankfurt,2 min from the river and 10 min from finish etc ,the kitchens in the rooms might be handy with children
http://www.adina.eu/...hotel-frankfurt/home
any other questions let me know
Last edited by: piertown: Jul 24, 14 2:33
Quote Reply
Re: IM Germany 2015 [piertown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the feed back. I'll look into these options. I would very much enjoy cooking my own meals so apartments would be nice.
Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Adina.
Cheap(ish) and can include a great breakfast and close enough to the finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would take two Comfort rooms in the Best Western Hotel Esslinger Straße.
It is a 5min walk on raceday morning to the departure of the Shuttle buses near the official race hotel and a 1.5km walk from the Finish Line to the Hotel.
Staff is friendly and no problem to take the bike into the room.

Only the parking lot is a bit tricky. But I guess you take a rented car shorter than 4,90m...

Last 3 times I was very happy there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
Dunno, I was always told by my grandparents that the Freibad Stadion was used for the trials or qualifiers in one of the Olympics. It's a great pool nevertheless...

Ah! Freibad Stadion. Lovely place, fantastic pools and a fast waterslide. Always a good laugh watching the crazies doing back flips off the 10 metre platform too.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply