Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Chattanooga bike distance 2015
Quote | Reply
Apologies in advance as this was probably asked and answered, but couldn't find a definitive answer in all the IM Choo threads.

Is the bike course going to be changed to 112 next year or are they leaving as is at 116? Anyone know for sure?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Chattanooga bike distance 2015 [the V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know the answer but the description on the IM Chatt site says Specifically "2 loops 56mi (112 mi)" , I don't know if it was worded that way last year. I am signed up again for 2015 and hope they make the bike 112 and have no current for 2015.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The current rumor is that it will be changed to make it 112 for next year. Nothing official yet.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not prepare for 116 then you'll be so fresh when finishing 112 (or less). And while you're at it, no need to swim train for anything over 60 minutes.

Better get ready to run those hills.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Chattanooga bike distance 2015 [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the race Sunday as well as rode the bike course 4-5 times leading up to the race. I love the current course and liked that it was 116 miles ... made it something unique about Ironman Chattanooga. Personally, if I do the race again I'd be disappointed if it was changed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, obviously wouldnt make or break doing the race or not, but wasnt sure what the plan was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the race this year and will give them a two thumbs up. However, even if they were to come out today and say it'll be 112 miles, I would not put too much stock into what they say until summer of next year. The run course changed 2x this year. The bike course changed 3x, with the final time 2-3 weeks before the race. The start time changed a few times, with the final time during the athlete's briefing. The cutoff time changed shortly before the race. None of this should really throw you off your game, but it's one of those things that you should approach with a cautious attitude.

Quote | Reply
I am doing it in 2015 and I hope they leave it at 116, that way I can tell others that my IM was longer than your IM.
Quote Reply