Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM CDA Water Temp
Quote | Reply
It seems a bit cliche to start a water temp thread a few weeks before an IM. However, the only site I can find that has the water temp for Lake Coeur d'Alene has the temp at 75.3 as of August 5th. Weather is supposed to cool off a bit next week but that is getting dangerously high for us slow swimmers.

https://www.lakecoeurdalene.com/weather-water-temperature/

However, the facebook post lower down on the page says that is a "surface temp" which would be quite high given the very hot weather in CDA lately. Anyone have any inside info? Non-wetsuit legal at IM CDA would be a big surprise for many.
Last edited by: Pilor: Aug 10, 17 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: IM CDA Water Temp [Pilor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its possible it gets into the "wetsuit still legal, but you are not eligible for age groups awards/Kona slots" territory, but I doubt it gets to the "no wetsuit for anyone stage" of 83.8 deg.
Last edited by: thugbuster: Aug 10, 17 16:07
Quote Reply
Re: IM CDA Water Temp [Pilor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry about it. The temps will probably be in 73-74F range by race day. Yes we are expecting cooling this weekend and all next week. Besides WTC use magic thermometers. They always read under 76F. It's like Geiger counters used at Fukushima. They always read safe radiation levels even while standing in the molten uranium lava.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CDA Water Temp [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Reviving an old thread.... I am wondering about the IM70.3 CDA half Iron Man water temperature on June 24 2018. It looks like I’ll temperature monitoring systems are down.... do any locals know what the current water temperature is at Lake Coeur d’Alene? Asking for a friend. (Who is reading the website - but maybe from March 20 - that the current temp is 37.5 degrees....)