Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Boulder open your pockets
Quote | Reply
  So Friday I went down to Resevoir and paid $6.50 (road bike in) just to find out I couldn't get an open water swim, just in a small roped off area. But... Saturday I could pay $20 and swim open between 7am-9am WTF. Can't even provide a shake out swim before race day??
Top it off by bring your bike out to T1 and fine your own way back...$&@!": I have been riding a bike around for the past week because the bike lanes around Here are awesome. I already paid $700 for entry, considerable chunk for accommodations etc.... Who can afford to pay to rent a car as well from airport 100 per day.
Ok I vented. Have a good race, it is real nice here!!

The harder the challenge, the more fruitful the reward!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder open your pockets [IBCNU04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm betting you could find a ride in a minute. I'll take you back to the HS or where ever if you don't mind riding in my pickup bed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can afford to rent a car.....and I would bet it is a lot less then $100 per day.

maybe be you should re-read your tag line and relax a little.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Completely agree on the swimming setup pre-race @ the rez. I'm ok with the 6 bucks for park entrance but let me swim (unsupported) on at least part of the course instead of the kids swimming area.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder open your pockets [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya maybe but could you put your bike box and bags in it smart $&@

The harder the challenge, the more fruitful the reward!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my experience the smaller econo-box cars are *easier* to get a bike box into because the rear seat folds down. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have to ask about costs in our sport, one may not be able to afford it. :o(

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oddly in all the bitching I've done about Boulder being over-priced, swimming has never come up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, rent a Ford Focus....it will fit your bike box and a bag or two.

I just don't get it....you'll spend $1000's and then bitch about $10. You need to light'n up life will be much easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could have done Tuesday or Thursday Morning with BAM. The cost goes up because they have extra lifeguards when they let you swim outside the enclosed area. I'm afraid I don't see what's so terrible about swimming laps in the enclosed area. If you time it right it's not really crowded and there's a rope separating it from the people that are just wading and playing around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about hotels? I'm racing in 2015, need to start locking that piece down. Also, fly into Denver rent a car and drive into boulder? Also, I'm an east coast racer... Any recommendations for off season training to prep for 5,200 feet? Lol Placid was only 1860 feet.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder open your pockets [jasatucla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jasatucla wrote:
How about hotels? I'm racing in 2015, need to start locking that piece down. Also, fly into Denver rent a car and drive into boulder? Also, I'm an east coast racer... Any recommendations for off season training to prep for 5,200 feet? Lol Placid was only 1860 feet.

Take your trainer to the top of Mt. Washington if you're in New England. Ride in the parking lot for your long rides! ;)

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the title and thought for sure this thread was about our polite, though subtle homeless population.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder open your pockets [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply