Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Boulder 2016
Quote | Reply
I know there is on site and volunteer registration but I can't seem to find the date for 2016. Any one at IM Boulder have any info?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2016 [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8/7/2016
Quote Reply
Post deleted by EasyCompany506 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: EasyCompany506: Aug 3, 15 9:33
Re: IM Boulder 2016 [EasyCompany506] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually opens noon, local time of the race venue. So if they follow the pattern, would be 2 est.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by EasyCompany506 [ In reply to ]
Re: IM Boulder 2016 [EasyCompany506] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long did it take last year?

I didn't really pay attention, but Boulder doesn't seem as much of a candidate for an insta-sellout as some other IMs. Anything that adds difficulty to the swim without a mitigating factor is generally a deterrent for many people, so chance of no wetsuit without having a nice river to sweep you downstream like LOU and Chat. Then you have the moderate factor of the altitude, plus generally pretty toasty weather in CO this time of year with a pretty decent chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

Of course Boulder has a lot of good things going for it as well so I don't see the race being at risk for the chopping block like Tahoe or SG, but I just see it having a bit more of an uphill battle to gain mega traction than other newish races like Chattanooga.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2016 [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also like to know when the powers that be think it will sell out. I can't enter until after I do IMKY so I'm hoping its still open the first of December.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2016 [marty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year took approx 9 months.
Quote Reply