Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant
Quote | Reply
Anybody else scared about the lake ? still alot of ice up there right now. i have never seen it still frozen that much at this time of year .

Jonathan, fellow triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant [JODIRT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Northern Maine and the is is only coming off the lakes now. It will be interesting...

I will see you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't the cutoff somewhere in the low 50's F?
Hard to believe it will be that cold in late June. I did just order a neoprene cap just in case....
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know the current temps? I have been anxious over the water temps for a few months given the cold winter. I bought my neoprene cap back in Jan :) hope it helps :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey guys, here is the temperature of the lake. top right of the page. 16 degrees for the moment
http://www.triathlonmonttremblant.com

Jonathan, fellow triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be very surprised if that temperature is up to date.

2 weeks ago, the lake was frozen. How many hours above 16 degrees have we had since ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will warm up by then, it always does. Fortunately the source of the water doesn't come out of the Rockies like CDA. Doesn't mean it will be like a bathtub though.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, how can it be 16C? I dont think they had more than a couple of days with temps reaching 16C, ice in the water... Just ordered neoprene socks, got the cap..
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way it is 16C today, but I bet you it is 16C by race day. Some years it would be well over 20. I would not worry...worst case neoprene cap.

For 15 years, I have been running the Epicman Lake Placid training camp 2 weeks before Tremblant 70.3 and we always swim (and it is always bloody cold)...but we survive.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Mt Tremblant [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The current temp is probably 36. The lake is still covered in ice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to be a chilly swim and start of bike....brrrr
Quote Reply