Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back
Quote | Reply
Start list here http://m.ironman.com/...0121b466ed346ce.ashx. Strong list opposite 70.3 worlds for MPro's first official trip back to Madison in a few years. Curious to see how it shakes out.

How fast can Starky bike on a twisty, lumpy course? Can local pro Blake Becker have a breakthrough on his 15th try at his home course? Is this Jarrod Shoemaker's full distance debut?

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jarrod has embarassed himself already in the full distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Strong list"

I agree! Lots of guys with something to prove and a paycheck on the line. Great to have the pro men back!
TriRating.com seeds the race like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll root for our resident ST pro Thomas Gerlach ;)

Should be interesting to see how things shake out between TJ and Starky. Both should exit the water near each other and both are strong cyclists. I'm also curious to see how McKenzie and Yoder fair since a hilly bike course tends to favor W/Kg vs raw watts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halfway through the bike and Starky is 3+ minutes up on Luke McKenzie

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pat mckeon dropping a 2:43 run today to move from 7th up to 3rd. great day for him!!

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
Start list here http://m.ironman.com/...0121b466ed346ce.ashx. Strong list opposite 70.3 worlds for MPro's first official trip back to Madison in a few years. Curious to see how it shakes out.

How fast can Starky bike on a twisty, lumpy course? Can local pro Blake Becker have a breakthrough on his 15th try at his home course? Is this Jarrod Shoemaker's full distance debut?

FWIW, Jarrod raced Ironman Texas and Boulder earlier this year.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

I appreciate the good vibes, thank you!!! Training in Florida over the summer has certainly been interesting. Without adding more color I am happy to come out with an ok race. Could have gone a lot better, but I have been racing with Blake for the better part of a decade, my mom taught him in school, and I babysat his brother and sister. Needless to say I needed to be here. This might be my last Ironman Wisconsin.

Hats of to Starky on the bike, Luke on the win, and Patrick for that amazing run. 2:43 on this course is straight savage.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Sep 10, 17 18:24
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I appreciate the good vibes, thank you!!! Training in Florida over the summer has certainly been interesting. Without adding more color I am happy to come out with an ok race. Could have gone a lot better, but I have been racing with Blake for the better part of a decade, my mom taught him in school, and I babysat his brother and sister. Needless to say I needed to be here. This might be my last Ironman Wisconsin.

Hats of to Starky on the bike, Luke on the win, and Patrick for that amazing run. 2:43 on this course is straight savage.

Your last IM Wisconsin? Hope you are not retiring!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Your last IM Wisconsin? Hope you are not retiring!!!

No, but I don't know what the future of Ironman racing is general, but two, no guarantees that it will be a pro race in their rotation of their pro races. It wasn't in 2015, 2016 and who knows when it will be again.

Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:
pat mckeon dropping a 2:43 run today to move from 7th up to 3rd. great day for him!!

Yeah, that name doesn't mean much to me, but the 2:43 caught my attention.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
afurlong wrote:

He’s from Boulder. The full at Boulder this year was his first time doing the distance. Keep watching this kid. He is for real.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this thread really the sum total of IMWI 2017 discussion? No talk of snakes in the lake? No hand-wringing over the Barlow climb? No race reports?

This race used to draw a ton of interest around here. As a local, it's sad to see it falling off the radar.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I remember the days of it selling out within minutes of registration opening up.

One the up side, you still see a lot of fan support on race day. I was working run aid station 1 this year (took racing IM WI off this year) and it was a great experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
Is this thread really the sum total of IMWI 2017 discussion? No talk of snakes in the lake? No hand-wringing over the Barlow climb? No race reports?

This race used to draw a ton of interest around here. As a local, it's sad to see it falling off the radar.
I think because there are so many IM races now the interest to debate every IM on slowtwich has disappeared. I've done 5 IMs and I'll say IMWI is definitely one of the best. I loved everything about it when I did it in 2013. I even fell for the snake story the weeks leading up to the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah - going up against 70.3 worlds put a damper on the excitement of a really solid race. Shame really that the market is so saturated. IM/Walinda/WTC/Whoever have clearly found that the participation sector pays them way better than the performance sector.

Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gshtrisport wrote:
I agree. I remember the days of it selling out within minutes of registration opening up.

One the up side, you still see a lot of fan support on race day. I was working run aid station 1 this year (took racing IM WI off this year) and it was a great experience.

I volunteered for IMWI in 2012 specifically so that I could do the Monday morning registration for the 2013 race.

For yesterday's race, regular registration was open into August I believe. I heard of one friend that registered very recently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a snake thread recently.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
MI_Mumps wrote:
afurlong wrote:

He’s from Boulder. The full at Boulder this year was his first time doing the distance. Keep watching this kid. He is for real.

actually, he's from philly. he lives in boulder now.

also, IM Boulder was his first full as a pro. he's raced 140.6 as an amateur

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI Male Pros are (officially) back [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, his name wouldn't register with most, but he's a friend and former occasional training partner (swimming and biking, lol no way i could run with him ever) of mine from when we both lived in philly.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply