Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMWI: Use Wetsuit Strippers?
Quote | Reply
I've never used wetsuit strippers before. I can easily get my wetsuit off solo in like 4 seconds. Is there a reason to lay down and let someone do it for me?

70.3 is my longest race FYI. Maybe I'll be that much more drained after 2.4 that I'll want it?
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI: Use Wetsuit Strippers? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope...unless you want to chance their fingernails cutting your suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two options:

If the girl is hot and u want to give her a lil feel, why not!

If she looks like a grandma, then ditch it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it can be a little faster if they are good at it. Either way, you probably want it off before running up the helix...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're one of the people who have trouble getting the suit over their ankles then it helps. If you do use them make sure your suit is already below your hips or they will just drag you on the ground when they pull.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's one less thing you have to worry about. Get it below your hips, sit down, put your feet up, they pull and you're on your way. Definitely helpful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can literally take it off in 4 seconds or less ... no need to use them.

For most people, it's a lot faster and expends less energy to use the wetsuit strippers.

Quote | Reply
Be sure to tip well with your gels.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI: Use Wetsuit Strippers? [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:
Be sure to tip well with your gels.

And make sure not to lose your timing chip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 seconds is amazing. i think you will lose a bit of time by using the strippers/peelers. if you are so drained coming out of the water that using the peelers is easier, then you likely swam too hard and things will get ugly later on :-)

for someone like me, the peelers are a godsend - it takes upwards of 90 seconds to get my wetsuit off by myself. even with peelers, it takes a while. My wife has the same issue. At IMMT, two peelers were trying to get her wetsuit off and couldn't. finally, some large guy walked over and helped.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI: Use Wetsuit Strippers? [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whenever I volunteer as a wet suit stripper I always carry a box cutter for those hard to remove suits!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably not necessary if you can get it off that quickly, but it's a fun part of the race experience in my opinion. The volunteers have a lot of fun with it and it's a nice way to take the edge off a bit before heading out on the bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
easy - just swim without a wetsuit
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI: Use Wetsuit Strippers? [kfmfe04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By 4 seconds I mean when it's already to the hips. As I'm coming out of the water, I unzip and peel the top half as I run in. 90 seconds with strippers?! Sounds like you need to cut the ankle opening up an inch or two (not slit, but circumferentially). That will make it much easier and it definitely won't lose you 90 seconds on the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just dont get kicked in the head by our fellow athletes when they run by...def yes.
Quote Reply