Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMWC 70.3 Missed Registration Window!
Quote | Reply
So I qualified for IM70.3 WC 2016 last month at Oceanside (wait for applause). I got my slot, I paid for it. I took pictures with my little coin, posted to social media, blogged about. Hell, I've been so stoked. Then I find this little piece of paper in my transition bag the other night that read, "You're not registered yet. Make sure to finish registration after you get an email in a couple of days. You will have a two week window." WTF. How did I forget! I forgot. And the window closed. I couldn't officially register through the Active link that Ironman sent me because like they said the window closed.

I've emailed worldchampionship70.3@ironman.com twice now (it's been less than 48 hours granted) with no replies. What do you think I should do? What will happen? I paid for the race, I'm in their system, but I didn't click some random link in time. Will I still get to race? Will I get a refund if not?

Deadlines are deadlines, but my heart's a little broken (wait for pats on my back and tissue box).

Thanks for the advice/consolation.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWC 70.3 Missed Registration Window! [norbertIII] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks. Yes, that's how all the WC registrations work and bundled registrations... and maybe transfers too.

Keep trying to contact customer service. Be very nice. Beg a little. They might be able to still help you.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's always a requirement to finalize the registration, but I would suggest calling in addition to e-mail. I'm not sure why they force everyone to go through this 2 step process, but I doubt you are the only one who has ever forgotten. Begging may be in order ... harder to say no to someone in person than via e-mail. Call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
/pink I heard they just added an extra spot for the WC to the roll down at Vietnam 70.3 this weekend, might be yours? /pink

Seriously though, hope it will work out for you, Sunny Coast will be a lot of fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM me I will get the correct contact at WTC.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWC 70.3 Missed Registration Window! [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
PM me I will get the correct contact at WTC.

Very nice
Quote Reply
Re: IMWC 70.3 Missed Registration Window! [Joostoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be so cut throat!
Quote Reply