Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMTX Wheel Choice - Disk?
Quote | Reply
How much faster would a Super 9 + 808FC be over running both 808fc F&R?
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Wheel Choice - Disk? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the wind.

And on the bike you are running it in. The better the seattube aerodynamics, the smaller the differential. But the higher the yaw angle, the larger the difference.

Given my experience at IMTX, I'd say that any difference would be minimal. That course, because of the trees, rarely sees much in the way of crosswinds.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Wheel Choice - Disk? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on a 2011 speed concept. Will be on the course bit longer than you Jordan. Have heard a headwind builds on way back as noon approaches. Will target sub 5hrs.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Wheel Choice - Disk? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
I am on a 2011 speed concept. Will be on the course bit longer than you Jordan. Have heard a headwind builds on way back as noon approaches. Will target sub 5hrs.

The IMTX course is my home course. It's literally out my front door. Been riding those roads for 10+ years. The prevailing wind for that time of year is a SW wind that builds throughout the day into a headwind on the way back for the age groupers. Jordan's also right that there isn't much crosswind on the course. One section at the far end of about 10-15 miles.

I've done the race with and without a disc and so far my fastest IM bike split over 9 races was on that course with a disc.
Quote Reply