Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMTX Bib Numbers Posted
Quote | Reply
For those of you racing IMTX, bib numbers are posted!

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/f4eacfae9790496299dc95b0125a6455/texas%20bib%20list.pdf

1467 here!
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Bib Numbers Posted [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
412 MOI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes....#2369. Now I have to decide if I actually do it or not as my longest sessions this year are 90k on the bike and 21k on the run. Totally under trained...plus need to book flights and hotel still. Let's say I am very "on the fence" about this escapade!
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Bib Numbers Posted [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Yikes....#2369. Now I have to decide if I actually do it or not as my longest sessions this year are 90k on the bike and 21k on the run. Totally under trained...plus need to book flights and hotel still. Let's say I am very "on the fence" about this escapade!
C'mon Paul, you know we never get perfectly ready for any IM. the challenge sometimes is just to get to the line and then enjoy the day. I ran today for the first time in about 2 weeks with an 'hamstring' injury, and before accepting I had to rest I was not running pretty (not that I ever do ;).

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Eh, you've prob trained more than most of IMTX participants! You've raced iron distance before, right?

If you decide against, are you going to race IMKY instead?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2767 for me.

Dev, I was looking forward to meeting you after seeing your well-thought out posts for a few years now. While your training may not have been of the volume you're accustomed to, you've got a base that is quite a few years deep. Come on out and play...you may surprise yourself...
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Bib Numbers Posted [lanceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for the encouragement. yes, you guys are right..the base is fine. My original plan was to do an IM build for Texas and then milk it for IM Whistler and Tremblant and do mainly short course training. You can kind of do that if you go in well prepared for the first one. If you don't go in well prepared, then the recovery takes forever. Thus the hesitation. Need to really decide in the next 2 weeks and firm up flights etc. And I totally agree that you can never go into these things with perfect prep. In fact, I don't want perfect prep as that gets in the way of other aspects of life (too much time and energy spent on long training that takes away from energy to give family and work).

I hope everyone is having a great build up. Seems like even locals from Houston have had limited heat training opportunities up till now. The first heat waves might arrive just in time for early may by when everyone is starting to taper....by the way, assume it is still hot enough for the water to be no wetsuit (that was one of my attractions to this race as I have neck issues with wetsuit).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1184!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will look you up as I am 2376 and see your posts all the time. But I'm with you, very under trained... Fractured toe at IMAZ then 3 rounds of antibiotics due to colds hasn't done much to help since Jan. Praying that I have an ounce of endurance left after 4 IM's last year. Only doing this as a revenge race from stinking it up last year. I guess I will see you in Transition...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

You are way undertrained and need to skip this race........... since you are in my age group (and I know how fast you are). Just kidding, #2207, would be cool to actually meet the legendary Dev there.
Quote Reply