Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMTX 2014 Roll Call
Quote | Reply
I have seen a few of you post on IMTX. Well, we're less than a month out! Let's get a list of everyone that's racing, along with bib numbers.

I sure do hope the temps are not as bad as the past few!
Last edited by: d00d: Apr 23, 14 13:03
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#1458...I'm hoping for an overcast cool day too. Doubt that we'll get that lucky. Spectated at last years event and it was brutally hot! There will probably be alot of walking for me. :-(

Good luck to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2162. Excellent heat training for the rest of the week in Texas as it's going to be ~90 every day through the weekend.

Sponsored By Jack and Adams Bicycles
Austin, TX
http://www.jackandadams.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Flying in on the Wednesday and also planning on doing the space centre tour Monday after the race. Wife volunteering for the swim and the massage tent after - hope to say hello to a few of you slow twitchers. We should meet before the swim start and say hello.

Good luck all - race smart :-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#1167 First Full Ironman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#1629. Can't wait to get racing again, chomping at the bit.
Upgraded to a SHIV. What to see how fast she is.
Hope it's hot like last year.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [Blazier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blazier wrote:
2162. Excellent heat training for the rest of the week in Texas as it's going to be ~90 every day through the weekend.

#1911......bring the heat, love the heat (ATX).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1100, first full as well. Grew up in Houston now live in DFW, give me the wet heat over dry any day. Honestly I don't care if it is hot or not, nothing I can do about it and I knew it would most likely be when I signed up.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#173 First full IM. Knocked out 2 70.3's this year already and hope the training holds. Going to be a fun one, it will be nice to walk out my front door and start!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to announcing the event with the Voice or Ironman! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:

It is getting hot! The humidity this morning was so bad it accumulated on my glasses as I ran. Stifling. Brutal.

I live in Northwest Houston and my yard thermometer (which gets very little direct sunlight) shows that it got to 90 today. Heck, 7:30pm and it is still 80.

Plus, the water around here is warming quickly.
Last edited by: CPA_PFS: May 8, 14 5:59
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [CPA_PFS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPA_PFS wrote:
d00d wrote:

It is getting hot! The humidity this morning was so bad it accumulated on my glasses as I ran. Stifling. Brutal.

I live in west Houston and my yard thermometer (which gets very little direct sunlight) shows that it got to 90 today. Heck, 7:30pm and it is still 80.

Plus, the water around here is warming quickly.

yeah, been monitoring the water temps and it's increasing more and more...oh, well. i knew this when i signed up.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [CPA_PFS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Humidity actually wasn't too bad up here in The Woodlands this morning. Much better than Monday's humidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#2134 M 40-44 My first full.

Grew up in this heat, been running in it my whole life, expecting it to kick my ass anyway, but at least mentally prepared for that. Done 5 or 6 halfs. My last 2 halfs were 5:03 and 5:13. Hoping to stay under 12:00 for IMTX, but with the understanding that it's a whole new ballgame and I'm sure some shit will happen that I'm not counting on. I've been burned out for well over a year now trying to train 3 sports among work travel and being a single dad. I'm checking this off the bucket list and then going back to running, which makes it a whole lot easier to still compete in something while putting more into the bigger priorities in my life.
Last edited by: ComidaDeluxe: Apr 23, 14 18:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I usually like to have a lucky #6 in my bib number, but hey - I guess this is my 6th ironman. CANT WAIT!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. IM #13 for me. Haven't done IMTX before.

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#943 - Anyone from Brazil doing this race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#1715.

Done it every year from the start. Would be happy to answer any questions if you've got them. Let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1292 here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#2554 Just gotta finish in Texas and the next stop is Kona.
/

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#2737. First year in 60-64 AG. Living and training in North Central Florida (Gainesville- UF Gators town), so doing ok with the heat and humidity. IM start #10, hopefully IM finish #9. Be fun to have an ST gathering prior to race day, share a brew or two after.

As far as weather conditions and other unpredictables go, my mental preparation mantra is "I adapt well". Something will be less than ideal on race day, and you will have to adapt. Concede that it will, and program "I adapt well" into your set of race day phrases. That way, when it happens, you just roll with it and adapt, 'cause you were prepared for the unpredictable too.

Good luck to all!
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [lanceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a Freebirds burrito shop in the same general area as the race center. Unlike Chipotle, they let you make your burrito exactly how you want it. Would be a great place to meet up.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1563 - havent been to the Woodlands since 2000. I'm sure things have changed a little since then...
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2014 Roll Call [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
#1715.

Done it every year from the start. Would be happy to answer any questions if you've got them. Let me know!

#1040 - M25-29. First everythings... first IM, first time in Houston, first time going to get truly humbled.

What are 3 things you wish you knew the first time you did this race that you do differently now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training in UK this winter has been challenging. I have done all my bike training indoors, with a longest ride of 5:15 with no fan, good old cotton T shirt on. I count the length of my rides now in towels and T shirts ;). We will see if it makes any difference. I used to love the heat, but that was a long time ago when I was living in a warmer country; however, I think my body has forgotten this bit.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next