Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMNZ
Quote | Reply
Anybody else watching the web feed? Foster broke the swim record. And Tom should be out of the water any minute. Bjorn Anderson is the leader 20k into the bike

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keep us posted

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom D's swim 1:10:04, T1 9:43
Last edited by: Jim: Mar 5, 04 11:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bjorn's in the lead! sweet!

i'm not sure why i'm so passionate about it, but i'm definitely rooting for mr. andersson, gordo, and the baron to do especially well.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the ubber biker is 7' down
Quote Reply
Men at 40km [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
off the web updates:

"Bjorn Andersson (who was very strong here last year!) is leading now 3:45 ahead of Bryan Rhodes who in turn is 4:32 ahead of Cameron Brown.

Brent Foster is fourth from Pete Jacobs and Courtney Ogden (AUS).

Down seven minutes is a group with Normann Stadler, Brent Sheldrake and Wayne Shackleton."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahahah! I had predicted a 1h10' swim for Tom (see IMNZ prediction thread)...of course I said 3' for T1 but didn't expect T1 to be changed and soooooo long...

go Tom.
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just think Francois you could be passing a stone in NZ right now :)
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guess what...I am...
good thing I didn't go I guess...
will be IMFrance instead
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah ... he could repeat DeBoom's famous words, "Is this what a hernia feels like?", then he could go back to moaning and passing out.

Is a 1:10 swim good for Tom?

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for posting this. I'm watching it on a 6ft X 5 ft screen (via an LCD projector). AWESOME.

** Okay, maybe I spoke too soon. It's like I'm sitting on a park bench watching grass grow. Hey wow, someone just walked past with a stroller. Hey, a guy with a backpack. Heh Heh ;-)

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Mar 5, 04 12:49
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No fair! six foot screen! I am crouched in the local library of my small town watching a 4 inch!! jerky image with no sound because the library has broadband and I don't and they won't let me turn the sound on.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"** Okay, maybe I spoke too soon. It's like I'm sitting on a park bench watching grass grow. Hey wow, someone just walked past with a stroller. Hey, a guy with a backpack. Heh Heh ;-)"

I almost spit my coffee out.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her is th IMNZ update:

Five is Fifth

Bryan Rhodes is in fifth place, now 10:48 off the lead, with Pete Jacobs down 10:50 while Brent Foster si at 12:03 off the lead...
03:00

The top five are...

Bjorn Andersson has established a 6:49 lead to Normann Stadler, who has ridden into second place now, with 7:40 off the lead to Cameron Brown and then Kieran Doe who is now 7:43 off the lead.

The fifth place male is not yet in sight.
02:57

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mustn't forget the ladies:

Women at 70 kms

Jo Lawn continues to lead with two minutes lead on Andrea Fisher, 3:49 to Lynley Allison and 5:44 to Karen Holloway.

Sione Jongstra is 7:30 off the lead...
02:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bjorn is 5:30 up on Cam Brown, with Norman Stadler 10 secs down on Cam, at 116 km point on the bike. GO BJORN.

Back to Jim as I'm off to bed early for my 200k bike tomorrow morning. Good Night America!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe pinch of salt time, but Welchy says Bjorn has a 9:16 minute leadon Norm, yes NINE minutes at approaching the 4 hour , and 11+ to the Cam at the 125k point. That Volvo engine is cranking the 56 ring with a whole shitload of watts. I'd like to see a printout of that wattage!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see that wattage too. And so much for spinning- I've counted his cadence from the feed at about 70-74rpms. Guess we'll see a small study of cadence on the bike vs. running performance here soon.

I hope he rips this race to shreds. I love a guy who bikes a position and a cadence that everyone says is too low for Ironman and then makes it work. Hopefully he runs well.
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [trischnitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit, Bjorn is cranking it?

Is it just me, or do 90% of the folks riding by the static camera have really upright positions. They look like they're leaning on a bar.

Just an observation.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normann Stadler is confirmed out of the race.

His problem is not mechanical and it appears the German cycling ace has fallen ill on course...and withdrawn.

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...having missed the start this morning had ridden hard to get back into the second place..." He missed the start of the race?

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently he missed the swim start and had to battle though the age groupers - how's about Bjorns lead into T2...can he hold of Cam?

Quote Reply
The're into the run... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....Cameron has made up 45 seconds on the first kilometer but is still well behind.
Quote Reply
Re: The're into the run... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kieran Doe 3rd, Bryan Rhodes 4th.
Last edited by: jaylew: Mar 5, 04 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: The're into the run... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is it me or are many times slow on the bike?

apparently only 2 or 3 riders below 5h...Anderson in 4h33' and the rest is nearly 30' back...
Mr A is riding well, but it seems other times are slower than usual (unless it's bloody windy)
Quote Reply
Re: The're into the run... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently a strong headwind on the way back..

Quote Reply

Prev Next