Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT slot allocation
Quote | Reply
Did a quick search and didn't see a post. Has Sylvan posted these?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
instigator wrote:
Did a quick search and didn't see a post. Has Sylvan posted these?
Not yet.

M18-24 1; F18-24 1
M25-29 2; F25-29 1
M30-34 3; F30-34 2
M35-39 3; F35-39 2
M40-44 3; F40-44 2
M45-49 3; F45-49 2
M50-54 3; F50-54 2
M55-59 2; F55-59 1
M60-64 1; F60-64 1
M65-69 1; F65-69 1
M70-74 1; F70-74 1
M75-79 1

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any roll down data?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For M 50-54 the 3 slots went to 6th, 21st and 23rd.

I think M 40-44 went down to 8th.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great video on the IMMT FB page. worth the watch just to see the 50-54 roll down to 23rd.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was the guy who got the second slot, 21st. :)
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. Smart move going to roll down. Have a great time in Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:

With a handle like Stelvio, why did WTC wait so long to roll you a slot. They should have given you a slot ages ago!!! Congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Stelvio wrote:

With a handle like Stelvio, why did WTC wait so long to roll you a slot. They should have given you a slot ages ago!!! Congrats!

Thanks Dev. It was pretty amazing. I went to the rolldown with no expectation except that it was highly likely it wouldn't go past the podium. I went to cheer on friends who podiumed and KQ'd but I said back in June when I let a WC slot pass me by that I would go to the rolldown at IMMT. I didn't want one of those long rolls to happen at my race, in my AG without me being there. My time was about an hour from getting a slot outright but I was top 9% with a 31 minute PR on a crappy day. I'll take it. My previous best AG finish was top 1/3.

FYI: We met a few times at Mooseman at the Red Roof Inn and at Tremblant in 2013 at Ermitage du Lac.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ed Doucet who i used to train with a bit in toronto via the www.nrgpt.com group took the last 40-44 slot. He was 10th. A great story with Ed coming back from some serious bike crash injuries about 5 or 6 years ago. Great commitment to the sport. Does the work. Always smiling. Just a great guy. Stoked to see this on the IMMT FB Page.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
For M 50-54 the 3 slots went to 6th, 21st and 23rd.

I think M 40-44 went down to 8th.

Wow - I know #2 had his slot but never seen them roll this far down.... sign of the times....
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Ed. Nice to see him get his slot. He worked hard for a lot of years with many setbacks and kept on going. Kudos to him.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:

Congratulations. You won the lottery

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Stelvio wrote:

Thanks Dev. It was pretty amazing. I went to the rolldown with no expectation except that it was highly likely it wouldn't go past the podium. I went to cheer on friends who podiumed and KQ'd but I said back in June when I let a WC slot pass me by that I would go to the rolldown at IMMT. I didn't want one of those long rolls to happen at my race, in my AG without me being there. My time was about an hour from getting a slot outright but I was top 9% with a 31 minute PR on a crappy day. I'll take it. My previous best AG finish was top 1/3.

FYI: We met a few times at Mooseman at the Red Roof Inn and at Tremblant in 2013 at Ermitage du Lac.

Indeed, I remember meeting at both events. Well done at Tremblant this year. I have to say with the slot allocations in 40 slot races, I pretty well lost hope of ever going back to Kona (once I am healthy again). After a 2011 accident, I just don't have the run that is needed...previously I could squeek in with a chance of a rolldown with a balanced attack in all three sports and a rolldown. With a weak run and less slots, that becomes highly unlikely....until you see it rolling every once in a while to 10th in a 40 slot race....but now 23rd gives even more people hope.

Anyway, enjoy the trip to Kona. It will be awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a post to anyone in particular but what do you guys think was the reason for so many rolldowns (and deep rolldowns) in this race? 3 slots in several age groups that rolled down to 9, 10, 11, others that rolled deeper?
Curious to hear opinions on this.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roll-down happens the day after the race. Monday. People go back to work and/or travel home?

ElliotOP was 9th in M30-34 (in 9:52 see other thread), had his name called because of Roll-down, but wasn't there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its more likely to roll in late season races. Not too many people can afford to drop $5000+ to go to Kona in two months. Also, it could be that most in that age group already been to Kona. Most people will just go once and call it good. And after 2-3x you might consider spending the $5000+ again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
Not a post to anyone in particular but what do you guys think was the reason for so many rolldowns (and deep rolldowns) in this race? 3 slots in several age groups that rolled down to 9, 10, 11, others that rolled deeper?
Curious to hear opinions on this.

This is simply something that happens at late season races. Tremblant and CDA were the last two North American qualifiers for 2016, so you have a combination of things: (1) for those that are offered a slot, you are racing another Ironman in 7 weeks, and sometimes that doesn't make a ton of sense for people both money-wise and fitness-wise; (2) some of the people that are on the podium may have already qualified - although that is probably not as likely at Tremblant and CDA as an earlier race because of #1 above; and (3) a lot of others off the podium may not think they have the chance and just don't attend roll down = potential for much deeper roll downs.

The bottom line is this - there is always the potential for a roll-down or two or multiple. It is very dependent on what people have going on in their lives. So this year one AG may have gone to 20th or whatever and next year it may go to the top-3. So the moral of the story is that you should just attend roll-down if you have any interest in going. You never know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets have another Vodka pepper in Kona, after the race :)

Enjoy the training leading up and see you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now $1,000 canadian entry feee.Suspect a lot of people think that is just too uch!
It is.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [steve25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve25: "great video on the IMMT FB page. worth the watch just to see the 50-54 roll down to 23rd."

That's an awesome clip, starts off with the 50-54 roll down.
That will keep the fire burning for those of us who still have the dream...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Lets have another Vodka pepper in Kona, after the race :)

Enjoy the training leading up and see you there.

Sounds good to me Marc! See you there.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
Now $1,000 canadian entry feee.Suspect a lot of people think that is just too uch!
It is.

where do you get $1,000? QST is 10% and GST is 5%

General Entry
Tier 1 Registration

August 22, 2016 – September 21, 2016
$650.00 CAD + GST/QST
Tier 2 Registration
September 22, 2016 – May 21, 2017
$665.00 CAD + GST/QST
Tier 3 Registration
May 22, 2017 – Close
$715.00 CAD + GST/QST

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...r.aspx#ixzz4IVNVOug9
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT slot allocation [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ptakeda wrote:
sidelined wrote:
It is.

where do you get $1,000? QST is 10% and GST is 5%

General Entry
Tier 1 Registration

August 22, 2016 – September 21, 2016
$650.00 CAD + GST/QST
Tier 2 Registration
September 22, 2016 – May 21, 2017
$665.00 CAD + GST/QST
Tier 3 Registration
May 22, 2017 – Close
$715.00 CAD + GST/QST

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...r.aspx#ixzz4IVNVOug9

I just signed up yesterday. After fees, it was still around $800USD. So close to typical. All the taxes really dove it up.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply