Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT beverage
Quote | Reply
Hey, so I've been informed that IMMT and all Canadian IM branded races has regular Gatorade on course and not Gatorade Endurance. When I looked on the site it said Gatorade Endurance under nutrition. If anyone has the answer did 70.3 IMMT which said the same thing, or knows the answer as to which they are using let me know. Thanks.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure Gatorade Endurance is only used in the USA races.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I'm pretty sure Gatorade Endurance is only used in the USA races.

Think GMAN is correct, and, in the 2017 70.3 athletes guide for MT, it is just listed as 'Gatorade Thirst Quencher'.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed earlier this week to confirm - it's definitely Thirst Quencher.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [kjlarimer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjlarimer wrote:

Thanks, guess that's good and bad news. Good news is that's what I've been using, and it's dirt cheap and I guess gets the job done. Bad news is I have another month of drinking that soft drink left.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between the two drinks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without knowing that's exactly what i've been using. I'll get going with a couple of bottles of Infinit or something similar and then take the Gatorade on course. Endurance would have been nice but an extra PB&J sandwich in the special needs back should get the job done.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
What is the difference between the two drinks?

About 10 more calories per serving and about twice the electrolytes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the only major difference is the electrolytes. Endurance has about 2 times the sodium 160mg vs 300mg of thirst quencher and more the 2x the potassium 45mg vs 140mg

21g of carbs in each so caloric value remains the same, though the exact mixture of sugars they use changes slightly.

and you get that crazy neon color that is no longer present in the new endurance formula
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Hey, so I've been informed that IMMT and all Canadian IM branded races has regular Gatorade on course and not Gatorade Endurance. When I looked on the site it said Gatorade Endurance under nutrition. If anyone has the answer did 70.3 IMMT which said the same thing, or knows the answer as to which they are using let me know. Thanks.

Two years ago on that course, all they seem to have was the Lime flavor......8 hours of lime Gatorade. Still can't drink that flavor!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT beverage [kjlarimer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjlarimer wrote:

Did you ask if they would have multiple flavors?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, answer I got was "flavors are varied". So hopefully that means not lime all day long 😊
Quote Reply