Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT Beach Fees
Quote | Reply
Is it true that you have to pay like 6$ to use the beach in Tremblant?

What country is this?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Quebec! Someone needs to finance all the government handouts and corruption somehow. Wait till you have to pay for anything at the Ironman Expo. Add 3% resort rax.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2012 they waived it for IM competitors. Not sure if they still do?

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about the family members? going there with a family of 5. no way i'm paying 36$/day to go to a beach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a nice place but you pay through the nose for everything.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think you have to pay. They didn't charge for 5150MT and they said if you are racing any IM events you could get on the beach

JT Multisport | Facebook | Instagram | World Sport Coach
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [ozjt23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last year and the year before, if you went through the immt training center place, right at the beach and tennis club, competitors did not need to pay. our condo also had passes for parc plage, where the swim ends, so the whole family could always use that. i don't think they made our 11 year old daughter pay though as long as she came with us through the training center. not sure what the deal is this year. maybe when the athlete guide eventually comes out, we'll know!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:

I disagree. I've been there 4 times now (3x70.3, 1 full).
I've never had to pay, nor seen anyone else have to pay, at either the swim course entrance or the swim course exit (two separate beaches).
At the full, on the day before the race, they had a boat a couple hundred yards out in the water serving espresso to swimmers! (free)
I didn't pay through the nose for anything. You can bring your own food, there are groceries stores within a 5 minute drive, and there are a few relatively cheap eating options in the village.
They also have free bounce castles setup for kids which was nice, my kids loved it.

Can you be more specific about what you paid through the nose for?
Last edited by: gibson00: Jul 28, 14 20:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
what about the family members? going there with a family of 5. no way i'm paying 36$/day to go to a beach.

uh??
you are very likely paying a min of $1500 in total expenses for you to 'play' and probably more unless you and the family are sleeping in your car and 'no way' you are shelling out 36 for the family to have their fun?!!?

Now that being said...yeah...Tremblant can be a money grab ::))
I think i paid something close to 400$ one time to tee off at one of the areas finest courses . Almost shite my pants. Lotta coin for a hack to go out and whack the ball around

Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
Chri55 wrote:

I've never had to pay, nor seen anyone else have to pay, at either the swim course entrance or the swim course exit (two separate beaches).
At the full, on the day before the race, they had a boat a couple hundred yards out in the water serving espresso to swimmers! (free)
I didn't pay through the nose for anything. You can bring your own food, there are groceries stores within a 5 minute drive, and there are a few relatively cheap eating options in the village.
They also have free bounce castles setup for kids which was nice, my kids loved it.

My sentiments exactly!! Bouncy castles are freeking awesome for the kids. We can eat in our condo kitchen if we so choose and we get free passes to the beach. Now...IF you wanted to you could easily spend big bucks there :) but you do have some choices.

Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
Chri55 wrote:

Actually, i have heard 'entertainment 'prices at the Faucon Bleu can get a lil steep. Maybe thats what he is refering to??

:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI there are no beach fees for training etc...
The beach is a private area and if you want to use the facilities, beach chairs etc... there is a fee involved....

Just like any other private beach that provide the services...
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT Beach Fees [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply