Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMD lodging
Quote | Reply
hello folks,

i'm signed up for IMMD next year with a bunch of friends. any suggestions on lodging?

my preference is to be as close to race start as possible. if i don't have to drive to get there that would be great.

any advice is appreciated!

john
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD lodging [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that many hotels in town and most are a hike from race start.

Call and make reservation now and I think WTC booked all the rooms in town so know they will bump up the price.

A friend got a VBRO rental 3 blocks from swim start for a week rental.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Hyatt was the "official" race hotel (I think) and you still had a drive to get to the race activities. But, with the way the race is set up, it was not a big issue. Find a VRBO in town if you have to be really close
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay in Cambridge if you can. I was at the Comfort Inn, which wasnt bad and close to the Hyatt. It was about 250. There's a Holiday Inn too. Hyatt was like 450+ i think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
condo or house on VRBO.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD lodging [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what town/city should i search on VRBO?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD lodging [cell1122] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cambridge MD... Where the race is...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was very late to the party this year and ended up about 35 minutes away at the Residence Inn Marriott in Salsibury. It was very nice. Full kitchen, bathtub, outdoor hot tub if you are so inclined. Having the kitchen was nice since I was there a few days. Didn't need to eat out all the time.

I thought the ride would be bad but it really wasn't. I wouldn't say it was convenient, but on race morning I was up early to eat anyway. Instead of sitting in my room getting nervous, I was driving to the race site blasting the pump-up tunes. There were lots of places to eat as well as a mall and a two sporting goods stores close by for any last-minute gear/nutrition needs.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD lodging [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
I was very late to the party this year and ended up about 35 minutes away at the Residence Inn Marriott in Salsibury. It was very nice. Full kitchen, bathtub, outdoor hot tub if you are so inclined. Having the kitchen was nice since I was there a few days. Didn't need to eat out all the time.

I thought the ride would be bad but it really wasn't. I wouldn't say it was convenient, but on race morning I was up early to eat anyway. Instead of sitting in my room getting nervous, I was driving to the race site blasting the pump-up tunes. There were lots of places to eat as well as a mall and a two sporting goods stores close by for any last-minute gear/nutrition needs.
I did the same thing and also stayed at the Residence Inn in Salisbury. The drive was easier than expected, but still about 30-35 mins each time. On Thursday I went to registration and athlete's meeting, then back to the hotel. Friday drove to drop of the bike and gear bags, back to the hotel. Drive to the race on Saturday. Drive back to Cambridge on Sunday for the ceremony and roll down, so all in all driving to Cambridge once every day. It was OK.

I like staying at hotels where I have a fridge and can make my own food; that means I'm in total control over my own nutrition. I went to the grocery store and bought whatever I needed for my stay there. That saves some cash as well vs eating out all the time.

Downside with Salisbury is there's nothing fun there. Busy area surrounded by fast food places and all sorts of stores. Then again, I like to spend most of my free time staying in the hotel resting anyways so it didn't matter that much.

Quote | Reply
I book lodging for a triathlon team that does races all over - we have a huge crew at IMMD next year and had a good size group this past year. Homeowners in the area have been told to advertise on Airbnb so give that a shot. Houses are going QUICK so jump on it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just look in Easton. Days Inn. Totally fine.
Quote Reply