Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMKY registration
Quote | Reply
With the move to October any bets on if it becomes an instant sell out?
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a big field 2500+ spots available. It will be available for a few months in my opinion. With IMCHOO in sept and IMLOU moving there should be plenty of east coast racing available.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [caveAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long did imchoo take to sell out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sold out in 5 min. But they pre sold a bunch of slots to triathlon clubs. I think I remember WTC saying 500 spots to clubs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race ready package with Muncie available now.

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [IREPathletics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IREPathletics wrote:

With Louisville moving to October, package deal with Muncie in July doesn't make sense any longer.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kind of thought the same thing, but I imagine they're anticipating some demand for Louisville and figured they could bundle with Muncie due to proximity anf that Muncie is a less desirable HIM? Its a shame becuase Muncie was a great race this year, its just literally in the middle of nowhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also bet they're offering the early registration as an inflated price to see what potential demand may be so they can determine if they bump up the price for race day registration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
IREPathletics wrote:

With Louisville moving to October, package deal with Muncie in July doesn't make sense any longer.

Care to share the your rationale?

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
IREPathletics wrote:

Makes perfect sense to me. July is a mid season test. One more half in sept as a tune up. I've never raced Muncie s it's new and I figured I was set in Lou. Perfect sense. I don't see any drawbacks of the October spot either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this will not be an instant sell out, no way
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone who saw the registration line this morning tell how long it was compared to other fast sellout races. I don't think it will sell out that fast, but I'm busy all day so I won't be able to register when it opens
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the code for the preview.ironman.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [cmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmonster wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
IREPathletics wrote:

Makes perfect sense to me. July is a mid season test. One more half in sept as a tune up. I've never raced Muncie s it's new and I figured I was set in Lou. Perfect sense. I don't see any drawbacks of the October spot either.

Usually people go and do their 70.3 test 5-8 weeks out from their full distance. That pushes it out to 13 weeks which is a little further than typically done in training blocks and goes against convention.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No line at all. I walked up at about 8:10 and I think I may have been the first to sign up.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [bamatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any locals or semi-locals have any information of weather in Lou, Kentucky in early Oct??
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [jakemet85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakemet85 wrote:
Any locals or semi-locals have any information of weather in Lou, Kentucky in early Oct??

Lows in the 50s, highs in the high 60s/low 70s with low humidity. Rain would make for a cool day but it will still be way better than August. All those lamenting the change of date can now sign up for Cozumel or Cabos to get your heat fix.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [jakemet85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Charleston, WV 3 hours away. Similar climates.

Middle of Oct should be about perfect weather BUT that time of year has some eratic weather both hot and cold

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in! Seems like it had a lot of traffic on the site. I bet sell out 30 days from now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done this race before and now with the later start date very tempted to do it again. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [icompleteme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word on the street people signing up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bamatriguy wrote:

?????

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bamatriguy wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: IMKY registration [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I liked the part about a late sunrise and no refund if you're going to Kona.

"Do work son" BB
Quote Reply

Prev Next