Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers
Quote | Reply
With it being so hot and humid on the run, I'm guessing a lot of people dnf'd. Does anyone know the number of people that starters the race and the number that actually finished?
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
89.5% finisher rate.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, thanks. Is 89% consider high or low for a finisher rate? How many finishers were there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:
Ok, thanks. Is 89% consider high or low for a finisher rate? How many finishers were there?

Pretty low
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a place to download all results/splits in a single file? These used to be posted in "enhanced race results", but I have not seen an option for a complete dataset anywhere...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am surprised the number of DNF wasn't higher. I can usually handle lots of pain...but that run had me thinking some dark thoughts quite often. Made it through...but I wanted to quit so many times.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [Shaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaman wrote:
I am surprised the number of DNF wasn't higher. I can usually handle lots of pain...but that run had me thinking some dark thoughts quite often. Made it through...but I wanted to quit so many times.

No offense, but don't ever quit because of something mental. If you physically able, never choose to DNF. And I've been in the exact same scenario you describe....my two Louisville marathon times have been 6:07 and 6:57. And, yes, those numbers are correct. No typos. :-)

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely agree....the fact that I was even considering it tells me how bad it was out there. The heat/humidity was just nasty. The first half marathon was 2 hours for me (right on pace) and then came the 3:30 half marathon to finish. The mile markers seemed so far apart....the course was boring as could be. and I was overheating

But...yeah...I've never quit a race and never will as long as I can move forward.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [Shaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unexpected things tend to lead to higher DNF rates. Like that year at St. George when the winds were unreal or the freezing cold temps in Tahoe.

IMLou is Hot. It is always hot. You plan for the heat and if it is a slightly cooler day then you count your blessings.
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
Unexpected things tend to lead to higher DNF rates. Like that year at St. George when the winds were unreal or the freezing cold temps in Tahoe.

IMLou is Hot. It is always hot. You plan for the heat and if it is a slightly cooler day then you count your blessings.

Of course plans can easily go to hell..
Quote Reply
Re: IMKY number of starters vs number of finishers [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a lot more DNF's based on true medical reasons as opposed to just tuffing it out. Serious cramping and heat sickness took out alot more than normal due to the heat indew and humidity.

Rick Loving
S Chicago
2012 9.9 Speed Concept
Quote Reply