Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMC Tack Bomber Strikes Again
Quote | Reply
Had a friend get 2 flats because of tacks on the course. When are they going to catch this a-hole?

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Tack Bomber Strikes Again [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary Mc wrote:
Had a friend get 2 flats because of tacks on the course. When are they going to catch this a-hole?

Yeah, I saw a lot of peeps changing tires in the first part of the bike - there was so many in a short period it crossed my mind that there must be tacks strewn about.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would not surprise me. Sad to hear. Their were postings/comments post IMTX where locals were threatening to do the same if the even was held next year because many people were frustrated with the traffic an road closures.

All and all it could be worse. Deal's Gap, known as "Tail of the Dragon" is popular with motorcyclists and a lot of locals will throw down anti-freeze in some corners and have seriously injured or killed riders.

Not to make light, but it could be a lot worse
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread brings back memories. I race IMC 6 years ago - got "tacked" went down hard ar 40 MPH - 7 surgeries later - still cannot run pain free.. IM Career over But my biking is now strong!!!! :-)

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Tack Bomber Strikes Again [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first IM and I fell victim to the tack A - hole!!

Emotionally a tough day because I could not get my tubular changed myself caused me 1:13 minutes. Made me stronger finished the bike strong and rocked the run in the heat.

People responsible for this caused short term pain but only made me stronger because of it so it backfired mr Tack jerk because I am an IM now and you probably smoke and smell a lot.

Please catch this jerk Penticton!!!

Todd

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got hit by the tack man...20 years of IMC hit twice now. We have seen this enough to know its not new. Only depressed when it happens. Took my time and pulled the tack out and went on with the rest of the day. Many competitors went by asking if I needed help. I didn't but it was great that at least they asked. When you happen to have a bad moment. it is nice that some feel a little sympathy as to your situation. Attitude = Altitude.

Push your Passion!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also fell victim to a tack. Coming down McLean on a fast corner. Not a good spot to have to stop. Freshly paved road, not sure of any legit reason for a tack to be on the road!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I talked to a guy who worked aid station #2 and he was telling me about all the flats he helped with. I really saw a lot out there. Bastards. I was lucky enough not to get hit, but I feel so badly for those that got one (or two or three). Such a stupid and dangerous reaction by a disgruntled local.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply