Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM70.3 Princeton Role Call
Quote | Reply
I don't see a dedicated thread, maybe I missed it.

Anyway I'm racing it. M35-39. I haven't raced much this season, coming back from a broken hip + torn labrum thingie but I am itchin to get out there.

Who else will be headed to NJ?

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Last edited by: Mendeldave: Aug 27, 14 7:11
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be. First non ITU or Olympic distance race as a pro. See you out there!

http://www.danfeeneyracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Racing M25-29. I'll be 2 days returned from my honeymoon & plenty jet-lagged, at least it's a flat & fast course.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be there. live 20 mins from race course so couldn't resist. Looking to finish somewhere between 5:30 and 6 hours. had back surgery last summer so this is my 'comeback". did an Olympic a couple of weeks ago that went well so optimistic I will have a good race. actually riding the bike course tomorrow morning, then maybe one lap of the run course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, coming up from Philly. Likely going to come up the night before. Pretty psyched!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stoked. rowed on lake mercer in high school. Princeton is a surrogate hometown for me.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there with my buddy Dan. Both racing in M25-29 division. Looking forward to the race.

-Bo

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be returning to NJ and monmouth county where I grew up. Training has gone so so this hot humid TX summer so no idea on finish times. Looking forward to the race.

John

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [NYCTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. First 70.3 for me and first season doing triathon. Have done 9 Sprints and 3 Olympics this season. M50-54. Jersey Shore Triathlon Club.
Last edited by: RallySavage: Aug 27, 14 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In! M30-34
Last edited by: ekrub10: Aug 27, 14 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there as a volunteer at the swim finish.

Good luck to all racing it!!

---------------
It's not about what you've done, it's about what you're doing!
@trecca17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In M30-34 representing Brooklyn Tri Club and TriBy3!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing 20-24. This is part of my running and bike course from where I grew up, I couldn't pass that up.

marceves.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrapeJuice wrote:
In M30-34 representing Brooklyn Tri Club and TriBy3!

GrapeJuice

Do I know you? I'm the speed coach (Wed night workouts) for BTC. Come run tonight!

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M35-39 as well, and it'll be my first 70.3. Couldn't resist signing up for this one with it being so close to family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In!! M45-49. Only race of consequence this year on questionable training, but looking forward to it all the same.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [GIO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to Princeton. This is my second 70.3. I did Bassman this spring and I am hoping to improve. M50-54 category.

Will be coming from Chester County PA (Downingtown).

Any other locals doing Princeton?
Last edited by: BobD1964: Aug 27, 14 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [BobD1964] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of towners if your lookin for "cutter" places to eat that are good try.
Delorenzos for salad and great tomato pie (thin crust pizza) and Centro grill (American food)in Robbinsville towncenter. There is also Papas in Robbinsville for great Italian food and pizza that rivals Delorenzos up the street. Both are sagat rated and top 5 pizzas places in the nation. Fresh seafood on Rte 130 at shrimp king bu atmosphere is lacking a bit. On rte 1 near Princeton is any big box restaurant you need or want. Plus malls galore. In Princeton around Palmer Sq is very good restaraunts and desert places. But in my opinion cheaper better food in Robbinsville 10 minutes south of T1. I hope this helps some out :0)

Last edited by: Bmanners: Sep 1, 14 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not exactly flat but not really hilly to. I have driven and ridden it a half dozen times if not more. If your able to keep your momentum going while turning and hitting some slight uphills it definetly will be a fast course for you. I will be bike course Capt. So if you fall asleep from jet lag or urban boredom I will be there eventually:0) kidding about boredom. Keep you eye's out for deer and other wildlife including lions. ;0)

Quote | Reply
In. First 70.3.

They did a slight redesign of the course in the past couple weeks and it is a bit hillier than the original. It is best described as rolling, only a couple will give most a challenge including a left at the top of one. I will say I was surprised by how many potholes there are on the course, there are some stretches that are very sloppy including the first suburban streets you hit around mile 4-5. The groups that were out there were flatting tires at a very good clip so come prepared.

Besides the road condition the course is nicely designed to take you through a lot of horse and farm country. It is a truly beautiful ride.

For the swim Mercer Lake tends toward the warm side. I know a lot of people who consider it gross but the water is deep and other than the temperature there is nothing in there that should cause discomfort.

The run paths are well maintained since they are used for the NJ State Cross Country Championships. It is literally a run in the park. No major hills if I'm remembering correctly. Should be pretty pleasant.

The local Race Directors did an awesome job with the NJ State Tri. It was probably the best organized race I participated in this year so I have a good feeling that even though this is Year One of the Princeton 70.3 that it will be a great day of racing out there from an organizational stand point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In. Coming from Philly. Did NJ State and thought it was awesome (even though there was no beer tent). Mercer Lake can be really warm (was 90 deg last year for NJ State), but was wetsuit-legal for first time in race history this year, perhaps same will be true for the 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [mderidd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been prepping for the race by watching old episodes of Sopranos lately. I was bummed when my NJ-born/raised wife burst my bubble telling me the course will not go past Tony's house.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone in NYC heading to Princeton? How are you getting there? I'm leaning toward the train (don't have a car). Anyone else taking the train?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not renting a car for $500 ;) ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM70.3 Princeton Role Call [ekrub10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ekrub10 wrote:
Not renting a car for $500 ;) ?

Ha funny, my wife was just suggesting I rent one. Yeah, so not worth it. If only we'd have bought one by now!

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
Dad of twins
Quote Reply

Prev Next