Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hypothetically (Ventum frame size)
Quote | Reply
Hypothetically only of course - if one was buying a Ventum - based upon the following bike fit what frame size would I - errr I mean someone want to order.

Currently I am on a BMC TM02 (stack 515 reach 377).

Last edited by: gavdxb: Aug 4, 15 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetically (Ventum frame size) [gavdxb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would order the one size that isn't hideous. Oh wait...
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetically (Ventum frame size) [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, but did you find the Lotus 110 attractive? Or is it just the Ventum that you think is ugly? and why?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetically (Ventum frame size) [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Lotus 110 is fine, but not exactly trouser-tightening. The Ventum is far more abrasive as it just looks like a brick and doesn't flow at all. Love how poorly everything fits on it...
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetically (Ventum frame size) [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it interesting on how no one from the company is out front on these issues,

IE: does the bike fit me? I think at this point we don't know the bar it comes with let alone S & R for the various sizes

IE: Is the bike fast? No one responded to the aero thread to back up company claims and porticol etc when they tested at Faster.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetically (Ventum frame size) [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fit for me seems to come down to the flexibility of the cockpit.

No answer from Ventum though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wonder why the pre-order page is up but there is no data posted. A technical paper would be nice too

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would hypothetically tell the person to keep riding whatever bike they are currently on. I've seen nothing from this bike that would make me want to ride/own one.

Quote | Reply
gavdxb wrote:
Hypothetically only of course - if one was buying a Ventum - based upon the following bike fit what frame size would I - errr I mean someone want to order.

Currently I am on a BMC TM02 (stack 515 reach 377).

How tall are you? I am 5'9" and I ordered a 51. One of the reasons I went with that was the top tube length was close to my Shiv but the reach was a little farther. There is a ton of adjustability in the bike. I have peppered Ventum with questions and they have responded great. I've been on the BMC TM01 and the Shiv Sworks and I travel a lot with my bike. Fit is at the top of my list along with speed and after talking to the guys there I feel super pumped this is the bike that I will spend a LONG time in. I have a longer torso and shorter legs. I was on a M-L BMC and it was always just a hair long for me and the M-S was waaaay to short. the Shiv was a Small and I just couldn't get it to the right length. feel free to PM me and I can help you. Super pumped about this bike

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Last edited by: kman74: Aug 6, 15 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: Hypothetically (Ventum frame size) [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
I find it interesting on how no one from the company is out front on these issues,

IE: does the bike fit me? I think at this point we don't know the bar it comes with let alone S & R for the various sizes

IE: Is the bike fast? No one responded to the aero thread to back up company claims and porticol etc when they tested at Faster.

Maurice

I think all the bashing is funny. I have talked to them multiple times by email and phone and they have been super helpful. Also they published their Geometry of the bike over a week ago. All you need to do is google Ventum bike geometry.

As for them responding to the faster piece. I met Diaa and Leanda at IMTX and went over and asked a lot of questions as I was really intrigued by the concept. They answered everything they could and from everything I've learned from them they have spent a LOT of time in the tunnel. I guess I understand their position because I am a small business owner and they have a lot on their plate right now. You release the product when you are ready to release it. it's that simple. It sounds like they will release the data after the third party analyzes everything they gather. Trust me, I asked the A LOT of questions and they were patient and helpful. When the pre order went out I ordered mine faster than you could imagine. It's a beautiful think outside the box bike.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply